Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 03-19-2015, 03:57 PM   #121
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
Vs you thought she was posed hahha that's just like the anatomical position that the program ususlly has them started in when they are just starting hahha I had to laugh because of that was the pose yeah it would be bad both arms are out to side and her legs together like she is starting or ending a cheerleading routine! I'm sure when this is done it will look great but I'm not into this but congrats for those who are!

Xm just one question where is me Star Wars license and statues??

Sarah Joe
I seriously hope they don't anytime soon. We don't need another SS situation where it's too many licenses and things get pushed to the side and given poor quality.

Top Cow and Marvel are perfect licenses with so much untapped potential. And from what XM has created and previewed -- they are masters at them. No need to extend themselves too thin.

If SS were smart they would scale back and only concern themselves with DC and Star Wars -- but that's not how they roll.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 04:28 PM   #122
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Yep. It looks non-random to me because of the armor balancing. There is so much armor on her entire left side and then so little on the entire right side.

Turner did usually draw her with a lot of skin, you're totally right there. But he also usually made the armor symertical, especially on the legs.
The original sneak did have more armor on her left thigh and it was updated. I assume based on the feed back of her having to much armor. lol
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 04:31 PM   #123
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Turner did usually draw her with a lot of skin, you're totally right there. But he also usually made the armor symertical, especially on the legs.
Turner never made the armor symmetrical, and her first appearance had her legs with one full armored and the other only booted.

I get what you're saying about not needing another half naked Witchblade design. But if she isn't, then she's not Witchblade imo (and definitely not Michael Turner's Witchblade).

DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 04:35 PM   #124
adee
Green Arrow

The boobs and portrait were my major concerns and both were addressed beautifully imo. I agree with many of the opinions on how it can be made even better. Especially the shoulder armor but I'm very pleased with what's been done so far. I'm sure she will only get better.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:49 PM   #125
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Ooooohhhhh the beauty of Turner art. Great find!

He tended to draw the armor different, which is the beauty of it. But you are right about that right leg, it's rarely covered. For me, I'd like the amount of armor as shown pics 1, 9, and 10 (left to right, top to bottom). More armor but still shows her body.

I always loved when she had some clothes on AND armor, but I know that's not what sells

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
Turner never made the armor symmetrical, and her first appearance had her legs with one full armored and the other only booted.

I get what you're saying about not needing another half naked Witchblade design. But if she isn't, then she's not Witchblade imo (and definitely not Michael Turner's Witchblade).

Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 12:08 PM   #126
ChromeColossus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I am so Glad to see all the Love for Sara "Witchblade" Pezzini, interesting read and opinions and wants, so looking forward to seeing the Final Prototype, I have currently put all new purchases on hold until the reveal, I do not want to be caught napping when this comes up for pre-order, that said, do like that they are trying keeping her body proportionate, the Tush is Sweet but for my taste a little tighter, just can not see a Bootylicious Witchblade + also as one stated, also am looking towards seeing the base.

For those who want to see more skin and less armor, I do not recall what issue, there is a Gratuitous Shower Scene, after a Hard Battle with forces of Evil

@ VS, someone needs to keep an eye on you my Friend

Be Cool
AL

ChromeColossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 03:45 PM   #127
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:

I always loved when she had some clothes on AND armor, but I know that's not what sells
If XM were to go with the white dress design, I'd be beside myself with glee. But since they're not, don't then cover her up with ugly armor that makes her look stiff and non-Tuner - go with cover #4's design

Cover #4
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 09:05 AM   #128
AC_808
Hercules

I just love how Turner drew her! That's why I started collecting Witchblade to begin with ...his art. The other artists had great art as well, but it was Turner's that got my attention.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 10:36 AM   #129
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Ok guys, I think they got it. A lot of you want Turner inspired art.

The armour is going that way, so please stop going on about it.

I like most of the artists that have done her, but there were already Turner inspired pieces out there, so was really hoping for a Stjephan Sejic one finally. Still planning on getting this one, but not as excited as I would be is all.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 10:41 AM   #130
apetrucc
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I cant wait for this one.
apetrucc is offline   Reply With Quote