Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 03-08-2019, 05:19 PM   #41
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post

so far i'd say the Prime 1 is miles cooler than this piece. Pose is silly. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It is an anti-gravity Spidey pose, doesn't translate well. possibly the worst posed predator statue I've even seen. THe Koto art FX is a better pose, the Palisadeson Gargoyle is a better pose, the SS Maquette is a better pose, so is the SS p2 diorama, the Prime 1 is a 100X better pose, hell even the robotic-posed SS P2 maquette is better posed than this. is his spear helping him scale the wall?

the art direction is a big wiff on this one.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 10:06 PM   #42
Fu_Manchu
The Herculoids

To me this is best pose I've seen in a predator statue in ages...
Fu_Manchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 10:37 PM   #43
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fu_Manchu View Post
To me this is best pose I've seen in a predator statue in ages...
Agreed.

Way better than the Prime1 piece for me - on THAT, the base will have to go and be replaced with something else.

If I can afford both, I'll get both, but if I can only afford ONE, it'll be the one from Infinity Studios.

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 06:28 AM   #44
Xoras
Fantastic Four

There are so many predator on the market...
I like more this one. The hunter is waiting for jumping on you.
Wait and see the paintjob.
Xoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 02:03 AM   #45
Grifterr
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I prefer this one over the Prime 1 one by a mile. The pose being main reason.
Grifterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 06:38 AM   #46
daz1999
Mephisto

I love both unfortunately, need to see this painted before I decide, leaning towards Primes at the moment
daz1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 05:51 PM   #47
Python
Omega Red

This one is definitely growing on me the more I look at it (I liked it enough to begin with) I suspect when I see a masked head, I'll like it even more. But likewise, I like the P1 version a lot and will be ordering it when Sideshow list it.

In an ideal world, this will be priced very fairly in order to compete with the P1 version, and it will be sold via SSC. If this admittedly optimistic scenario played out, I might just be able to afford both by using the flex payments and the $200ish in rewards I have...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 06:09 PM   #48
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
This one is definitely growing om me the more I look at it (I liked it enough to begin with) I suspect when I see a masked head, I'll like it even more. But likewise, I like the P1 version a lot and will be ordering it when Sideshow list it.

In an ideal world, this will be priced very fairly in order to compete with the P1 version, and it will be sold via SSC. If this admittedly optimistic scenario played out, I might just be able to afford both by using the flex payments and the $200ish in rewards I have...

Yeah - this pose - this scenario - is like a bit of the movie we didn't actually see . . . but only really works with the masked head. Hope they pull off the sculpt of THAT as well as they have the rest (and fix that netting )

Having said that, I suppose he could be re-surveying the scene after the killings minus mask . . . and about to climb out . . . or maybe after the meet-up with Danny-boy.

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 06:19 PM   #49
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalSpike View Post
Yeah - this pose - this scenario - is like a bit of the movie we didn't actually see . . . but only really works with the masked head. Hope they pull off the sculpt of THAT as well as they have the rest (and fix that netting )

Having said that, I suppose he could be re-surveying the scene after the killings minus mask . . . and about to climb out . . . or maybe after the meet-up with Danny-boy.

As floaty (even awkward-ish) as the pose is, it has been a running theme of the franchise that the Predators can glide through tree tops and elevated ground fairly easily. So this pose visualises that aspect a little I suppose. I would have preferred something more grounded, but unlike their Berserker Predator of which I really dislike the pose. It isn't enough to deter me wanting one of these. Fingers crossed that Infinity nail that hero mask, nobody else has yet, even Prime 1 sadly.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 12:43 PM   #50
jaguargod
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
so far i'd say the Prime 1 is miles cooler than this piece. Pose is silly. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It is an anti-gravity Spidey pose, doesn't translate well. possibly the worst posed predator statue I've even seen. THe Koto art FX is a better pose, the Palisadeson Gargoyle is a better pose, the SS Maquette is a better pose, so is the SS p2 diorama, the Prime 1 is a 100X better pose, hell even the robotic-posed SS P2 maquette is better posed than this. is his spear helping him scale the wall?

the art direction is a big wiff on this one.
I take it you don't follow Sideshow much.

1/5 Jungle Hunter statue (Horatio!)
1/5 Berzerker (so horizontal he is almost flying)
1/4 Jungle Hunter (looks like he is runway modeling and just did his right turn)

This one isn't in the Captain Morgan pose, so it is more creative that most everything that has come out within the last 15 years..
jaguargod is offline   Reply With Quote