Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 09:13 PM   #12
hawkeyethearcher
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Expert: William Silver
Date: 1/15/2005
Subject: Peaches?

Question
Hello there. Ok, here's the thing, me and my cousin have been in an arguement about a certain phobia. One day I was watching the Maury show on WB and they were doing a show on phobias. There was the certain commons of spiders, rats, frogs, and such. But there was also one guy who was scared of peaches. Yes, peaches. And my cousin just didn't believe me when I told him and we broke out in an arguement on whether someone can actually be scared of peaches or if it was just stage acting (as my cousin would say). I was wondering, is the fear of peaches an actual phobia? And if so, could you give me the name and the clarification of it being true? Otherwise my cousin will NEVER believe it. He's so skeptic about things he can't explain or 'what doesn't make sense'. I would appreicate if you could bring this silly arugement to an end for me.

Thanks in advance.

Phobias List
Phobias listed alphabetically. What are you afraid of?
aboutphobias.com

Answer
Shanna, this is close as I could find on the www.phobialist.com site.....

Plants- Botanophobia.

People can pick up fear and phobias about almost anything, really. The "peach phobia" could have been related to someone choking on a piece of a peach or a peachpit or perhaps an insect bite (bee, wasp, etc) that was related to seeing or holding a peach. Very young minds can only relate to the circumstances at hand, so many traumas can occur when there is not mental maturity to cope with the circumstances.

Our best cure for phobias is sending people to the EFT site: www.emofree.com This is a great site and offers you a free download of the basic EFT technique. This is incredibly handy information to have at hand, given all the fear and trauma out there in the world.

Tell your cousin that our favorite saying about people who don't believe in things that are real is: "The mind would rather be right than happy!" There is a lot about EFT and other energy techniques that defy the "logical mind" but they work anyway! We never ask people to "believe" anything, just cooperate. The work will do the rest!

Best wishes..
William & Kathryn Silver
www.back2balance.com
hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 10:44 PM   #13
fossa

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman
Have you guys seen the clips of Tyra Banks being deathly afraid of DOLPHINS???
noper. but that is a little more understandable. it may be her extension of a fear of water or what is in the water that she can not see.
Old 09-03-2006, 12:24 AM   #14
lord odin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyethearcher
Expert: William Silver
Date: 1/15/2005
Subject: Peaches?

Question
Hello there. Ok, here's the thing, me and my cousin have been in an arguement about a certain phobia. One day I was watching the Maury show on WB and they were doing a show on phobias. There was the certain commons of spiders, rats, frogs, and such. But there was also one guy who was scared of peaches. Yes, peaches. And my cousin just didn't believe me when I told him and we broke out in an arguement on whether someone can actually be scared of peaches or if it was just stage acting (as my cousin would say). I was wondering, is the fear of peaches an actual phobia? And if so, could you give me the name and the clarification of it being true? Otherwise my cousin will NEVER believe it. He's so skeptic about things he can't explain or 'what doesn't make sense'. I would appreicate if you could bring this silly arugement to an end for me.

Thanks in advance.

Phobias List
Phobias listed alphabetically. What are you afraid of?
aboutphobias.com

Answer
Shanna, this is close as I could find on the www.phobialist.com site.....

Plants- Botanophobia.

People can pick up fear and phobias about almost anything, really. The "peach phobia" could have been related to someone choking on a piece of a peach or a peachpit or perhaps an insect bite (bee, wasp, etc) that was related to seeing or holding a peach. Very young minds can only relate to the circumstances at hand, so many traumas can occur when there is not mental maturity to cope with the circumstances.

Our best cure for phobias is sending people to the EFT site: www.emofree.com This is a great site and offers you a free download of the basic EFT technique. This is incredibly handy information to have at hand, given all the fear and trauma out there in the world.

Tell your cousin that our favorite saying about people who don't believe in things that are real is: "The mind would rather be right than happy!" There is a lot about EFT and other energy techniques that defy the "logical mind" but they work anyway! We never ask people to "believe" anything, just cooperate. The work will do the rest!

Best wishes..
William & Kathryn Silver
www.back2balance.com
I don`t believe i`ve been afraid of anything at least not yet.
I guess it was all those beatings and being locked in a dark closet that made me the man I am today thanks mom.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 12:30 PM   #15
JLM
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyethearcher
Whether or not that show is bogus, I don't know, but I did see a documentary here about phobias (not done in the exploitative style of this video) which featured a woman with a phobia of feathers. She originally had a phobia of birds, but this developed into a phobia of feathers. She couldn't cope with seeing feathers and if there was bird in a tree outside her house she had to stay in.

She tried all sort of weird therapies, but 30 minutes with a calm voiced psychologist who got her to hold a feather and she seemed to be over it.
JLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 12:34 PM   #16
lord odin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan74
Whether or not that show is bogus, I don't know, but I did see a documentary here about phobias (not done in the exploitative style of this video) which featured a woman with a phobia of feathers. She originally had a phobia of birds, but this developed into a phobia of feathers. She couldn't cope with seeing feathers and if there was bird in a tree outside her house she had to stay in.

Quote:
She tried all sort of weird therapies, but 30 minutes with a calm voiced psychologist who got her to hold a feather and she seemed to be over it
I bet that wouldn`t work with snakes.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 12:37 PM   #17
JLM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord odin
I bet that wouldn`t work with snakes.
Probably not
JLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 05:43 PM   #18
Ghost

Aww snakes are fun. I wish I still had my pet ball python. Reptiles rock!
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote