Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 07-24-2013, 03:04 PM   #1
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Sal Buscema podcast interview and Commission opportunity!

If you are a fan of Sal Buscema, the Hulk, or the Bronze age of comics, you will want to check out the podcast via the link below:

http://thejadegiant.wordpress.com/20...n-opportunity/

In the interview, Sal talks candidly and at length about the Hulk, Stan Lee, his experiences in the comic industry, the Hulk TV series, the Avengers movie, and why the Hulk is his favorite character. And that's just the tip of the iceberg of this recent interview with THE definitive Hulk artist (IMHO).

Sal is also currently open for commission requests through his exclusive art agent Al Czarnecki. Sal's commissions are still top notch and Al is really easy to work with to set up a commission.

All info available by clicking here

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:27 PM   #2
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Going to have to check out the podcast later but I did e-mail to find out about a Hulk and Spidey commission from Sal. Sal's run on Spectacular Spider-Man was one of my favorites so it would be cool to get a piece with Hulk and Spidey together.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:48 PM   #3
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
Going to have to check out the podcast later but I did e-mail to find out about a Hulk and Spidey commission from Sal. Sal's run on Spectacular Spider-Man was one of my favorites so it would be cool to get a piece with Hulk and Spidey together.
that's a great idea! Someone just had one of these done

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryP...60&GSub=115966

CAF
Old 07-24-2013, 03:54 PM   #4
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Well damn. Someone beat me to it.

Seriously though, I was thinking more of a team up so they can both be facing forward.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:57 PM   #5
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
Well damn. Someone beat me to it.

Seriously though, I was thinking more of a team up so they can both be facing forward.
For sure, I think a MTU theme would be really cool!

CAF
Old 07-24-2013, 04:23 PM   #6
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
that's a great idea! Someone just had one of these done

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryP...60&GSub=115966
Nice but he can do better. I bet Ken will get a full body hulk not half a hulk behind a rock
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:54 PM   #7
adee
Green Arrow

This was a fantastic interview! Sal's Hulk will always be the one I see in my minds eye. He's the Hulk I grew up with. I found it very interesting to hear Sal's view of comics today and completely agree with him in that they are longer for children. While I have enjoyed many a story between then and now it seems as though the books grew with me.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:55 PM   #8
Spidey62
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I know Sal Buscema is the real deal, but the part about needing to contact the agent for pricing structure makes me think the prices are HIGH. I have never spent over $300 for a commission, but I am guessing 11 x 17 1 figure with background, inked would be around $500 and possibly more. I would love to have one, but I just couldn't wrap my head around spending that much (if that is a close estimate).
Spidey62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:44 PM   #9
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
This was a fantastic interview! Sal's Hulk will always be the one I see in my minds eye. He's the Hulk I grew up with. I found it very interesting to hear Sal's view of comics today and completely agree with him in that they are longer for children. While I have enjoyed many a story between then and now it seems as though the books grew with me.
Well said adee - I couldn't agree more. Sal's Hulk is and will always be tops in my book. It was amazing to hear Sal talking about several topics that I have had at length conversations with fellow fans over the years.

CAF
Old 07-24-2013, 09:55 PM   #10
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey62 View Post
I know Sal Buscema is the real deal, but the part about needing to contact the agent for pricing structure makes me think the prices are HIGH. I have never spent over $300 for a commission, but I am guessing 11 x 17 1 figure with background, inked would be around $500 and possibly more. I would love to have one, but I just couldn't wrap my head around spending that much (if that is a close estimate).
I don't think his prices are high at all and I was very pleasantly surprised with his quotes that came back on my request. I think you can get something you would be happy with. Shoot Al an email with your ideas and he will get back to you. He has been very easy to work with on my commission and I was pleased with the pricing.

CAF