Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 01-09-2015, 12:24 PM   #91
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhy View Post
The gist is. Posable tentacles, if done correctly would compliment the statue. Think of it as the equivalent to change out parts, only more practical. Practical in the sense that the switch out parts are already attached, all you have to do is adjust them to your preference.
Additionally, XM is all about switch outs. What better way to change up your statue than to have bendable tentacle arms.

I am fine with it as is, but I don't think it would hurt.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 12:41 PM   #92
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
if they made two or any of the arms poseable they would have to made of different material (obviously) but also more than likely would not be painted (molded in that color plastic) to prevent paint cracking. is that really what you guys want?
Yeah ... I can't even imagine how the heck you would do this. It would go from being a highend collectible to part action figure.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 12:57 PM   #93
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

I vote no for posable tentacles. Too many design and materials issues involved plus it will give it an action figure vibe which I want no part of.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 01:20 PM   #94
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

great sketch there acme! love the pose.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 01:33 PM   #95
AC_808
Hercules

Posable tentacles are in the same level as light up features, IMO. What do you do once they break? Will you be able to fix it?

Also if two tentacles are sculpted and another two is posable, there's going to be color matching issues since the sculpted tentacles will need to match the unpainted posable tentacles. Although, I gotta say, XM might be able to pull it off. But it will add difficulty.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 02:00 PM   #96
StringKeyRhythm
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Color mismatch, paint chipping, production costs, irrepairable damage,etc. There are just too many potential problems that could occur for the luxury of posable tentacles.
StringKeyRhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 05:43 PM   #97
rhy
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Additionally, XM is all about switch outs. What better way to change up your statue than to have bendable tentacle arms.

I am fine with it as is, but I don't think it would hurt.
Exactly! Doc Ock's tentacles are a reflection of his villany. If the company can be successful in their creation of posable tentacles they would in essence be bringing the character to life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Also if two tentacles are sculpted and another two is posable, there's going to be color matching issues since the sculpted tentacles will need to match the unpainted posable tentacles. Although, I gotta say, XM might be able to pull it off. But it will add difficulty.
Why do two tentacles have to differ from the other two? They can both be made of the same material (gooseneck aluminm?) except one set can move while the other doesn't. Why keep them affixed when the posable tentacles can be detached; thereby easing the fears re: break-ability and paint chipping. Why limit ourselves to only one pose and debate as to the pose. Does having posable tentacles make for more of an action figure? No more than interchangeable heads, arms or leds lights; rather it adds a bit of intrigue and enjoyment into owning a collectible. And consider if the tentacles are posable and affixed the value of having one in mint condition.
rhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 06:16 PM   #98
supermetroid
Teen Titans

I think most are rightfully concerned about the quality of bendable tubes(look at SS's Apocalypse). If they can do it and make it dependable over time while looking good, then I'm all for it. But if not, then I'll take quality over posing options.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 06:19 PM   #99
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

they should just go all out as they're doing for wolvie and hawkeye and make them metal
Bobfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 09:11 PM   #100
rebirthz
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

My biggest concern for poseable tents would be if they will affect the longevity of the statue? Speaking to the xm guys the very reason they choose full sculpt is to ensure the statues last many years to come.

Correct me if i am wrong but if the tentacles are posable would likely mean they need to be make from some form of plastic or semi rubberlike material, which doesnt usually stand the test of time.
rebirthz is offline   Reply With Quote