Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 01-10-2015, 09:18 PM   #101
gaijin
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

NIce. Are those bowens?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhy View Post
not necessarily... Check out the pros of posable arms:

It's simply a matter of perspective. If XM does the posable arms route, hopefully it will be made from aluminum flex tube, which may enhance the overall 'feel' of the statue.
gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 09:18 PM   #102
Smooth Criminal
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Yea, I say no to pose-able tents as well, i wouldnt ming metal tents though, would give it that high quality feel!
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 04:19 AM   #103
Synzaic
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

With all the talk about posable tenticles being like switch out parts........switch out tenticles are like switch out parts.

Maybe just include switch out tenticles.
Synzaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 11:51 AM   #104
rhy
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
NIce. Are those bowens?
All Bowens. Could you imagine how visually captivating it would be if they were all given the 1/4 scale XM treatment?
rhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 03:35 PM   #105
Restinpieces
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Poseable tents would be sick, maybe make a set optional swap outs as suggested to make everyone happy?
Restinpieces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 04:48 PM   #106
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
All Bowens. Could you imagine how visually captivating it would be if they were all given the 1/4 scale XM treatment?
I'd imagine how visually captivating watching my bank account drain would be if I owned all those in 1:4
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 05:01 PM   #107
rhy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
I'd imagine how visually captivating watching my bank account drain would be if I owned all those in 1:4
lol, I hear that! Factor in the cost of shipping for all six which will easily be over 1k and the sinister six will cost a small fortune.
Old 01-11-2015, 07:15 PM   #108
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
lol, I hear that! Factor in the cost of shipping for all six which will easily be over 1k and the sinister six will cost a small fortune.
Oh god...

Welp time to shop that extra kidney around...

And here I thought the xmen line was going to wipe me out . My only hope (not actually wanting this, this is Sharkey's wallet taking the keyboard) is that the bases do not go together or anything, and I can just pick out which of the villains I can't do without and just focus on a multitude of amazing Spideys.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 09:17 PM   #109
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Exactly! Doc Ock's tentacles are a reflection of his villany. If the company can be successful in their creation of posable tentacles they would in essence be bringing the character to life.

Why do two tentacles have to differ from the other two? They can both be made of the same material (gooseneck aluminm?) except one set can move while the other doesn't. Why keep them affixed when the posable tentacles can be detached; thereby easing the fears re: break-ability and paint chipping. Why limit ourselves to only one pose and debate as to the pose. Does having posable tentacles make for more of an action figure? No more than interchangeable heads, arms or leds lights; rather it adds a bit of intrigue and enjoyment into owning a collectible. And consider if the tentacles are posable and affixed the value of having one in mint condition.
Having two tentacles sculpted is so that Doc Oct can be suspended in the air as many have suggested. XM makes their statues solid so sculpted tentacles are needed to support him.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 04:13 AM   #110
rhy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Having two tentacles sculpted is so that Doc Oct can be suspended in the air as many have suggested. XM makes their statues solid so sculpted tentacles are needed to support him.
My man, you missed my point entirely. If the top tentacles are made from an aluminum alloy, there's no reason for the bottom two not be made from the same alloy. Also, since their main function is to support the statue, you could easily hide a very solid aluminum rod behind the tubing. Wouldn't you want aluminum tubing holding up your statue as opposed to porcelain?

With gooseneck tubing, all they would need to do is give it a nice brushed finish, creating a very modern look, have it pre-bent and install, done. For those of us who want a custom look, all we have to do is adjust until we like what we see