Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

View Poll Results: Are you interested in a XM Studios Shocker statue?
Yes!!!!! 23 39.66%
Maybe. It depends on the final product. 9 15.52%
Who is Shocker? 3 5.17%
No thanks! 23 39.66%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-02-2017, 05:07 PM   #11
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
They've shown concept art already for GG, Rhino and Scorpion though...

Concept art are not completed statues.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 05:25 PM   #12
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Ok, but we know they're in the works. I think that's the point, they have almost all the top Spidey rogues in development on some level. I don't see why bringing up the fact they haven't printed or released popular characters like Green Goblin yet would deter others collectors from inquiring about other great villains like Shocker and Hobgoblin considering they've already done the likes of Kraven and Lizard who are comparable imo.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 05:29 PM   #13
Khufu
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
They haven't even released their Black Cat, Dr. Octopus, Carnage, or even their own Spider-Man yet.

The only way you'll ever see this guy made right now is if his character blows reviewers, critics, and audience members away.

I agree completely - there is no way its happening right now. I definitely wasn't very clear on that point of view earlier. Thanks for mentioning that!

Bryan/XM's evaluation of Shocker is that he wouldn't generate enough interest - ever. I just want to show XM that Shocker has enough interest to be put on the "to do" list for maybe 2019 and beyond.

I don't think they see him being on the same level of interest as say Scorpion or Rhino and I think that is completely not true. When I think of Spidey villains, I typically think of Shocker before Rhino at least. They made a bust of Rhino and have a WIP on the statue lol. I just want recognition that if they are selling Rhino busts and statues, then Shocker can't be that hard of a sell.

If we get a Shocker bust or statue 2 years down the road, then this thread/discussion/poll did its job.
Khufu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 07:11 PM   #14
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Shocker is D list!

Prowler
Tarantula
Jackal
Madame Web
Shocker

I'm sorry guys it's not happening . Even Randy Bowen didn't produce fullsize pieces of these guys mini busts for some that's it. The shocker is not in same league as Rhino not in my opinion. I've got every Amazing Spiderman Comic he was introduced ages ago but he's nothing more than hotdog filler.
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 07:57 PM   #15
supermetroid
Teen Titans

^
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 09:13 PM   #16
Khufu
Mephisto

FYI... Bowen was producing a Shocker FS in the same phase as the Hobgoblin and G Goblin museum pose statues. The 3D render was complete and ready to roll before they were forced to stop producing statues.

Not saying that validates anything because Bowen was notorious for making A through Z characters and costumes. Given enough time he would probably made Howard the Duck too.
Khufu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 09:41 PM   #17
WolverineFan
I am da law!

I understand some villains are D list, now Do I view rhino higher than shocker list wise yes, but rhino is already being made and I think shocker could make a great statue with XMs capabilities. With that being said, Hydro Man is definitely in the lower tier but certain villains would make great statues and Hydro Man is one of them regardless whether he is C or D list villian.
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 01:10 AM   #18
KELPIE
New Republic

I think you'll find, one of the very first posts in the XM section is me requesting Shocker.

He is an absolute yes for me and was part of several iterations of the Sinister Six so he is far more than a "D Lister".

I'd have him with the white eyes, no pupils.

As for D Listers, what kind of argument is that? What's wrong with D Listers, they are making Beta Ray Bill, Lady Sif, Moon Knight...

There are plenty of D Listers out there that could sell 300-500 ES that really have great designs and should be made.

I'd request the Beetle get made also.

KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 08:15 AM   #19
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Hell yea Shocker should be made. I think he has just as much merit in being made as Vulture, Scorpion, Kraven and Mysterio do.

Seriously, whoever on here ever honestly believed they could own a full size, wings out, Vulture? Or a Kraven with a lion?
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 10:47 AM   #20
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Everybody relax I'm a huge spider fan but XM wants to make money. A small ES is not a money maker . In the case of Namor they did something over the top with his base to get the sales needed. 2K for shocker I wouldn't pay but that being said the Spidey line is their best by far. Who knows ?
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote