Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-16-2020, 01:30 PM   #21
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
To me this this is a another "on-ramp" to this line. Meaning many wouldn't buy the other releases or new ones because they can't get their hands on the First Batman and they may have missed or thought that the Batman shogun was too expensive. To XM's credit they are going Deep so giving new collectors more on-ramps into the line who will then buy other new releases helps new and old collectors.
Well said
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 01:54 PM   #22
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored_Berserk View Post
Yeah a third batman samurai....
I must say that im sick and tired of this samurai line, cant wait to see regular DC line.
That's what I'm waiting for. Classic statues or bust for me. That said, I may pull the trigger if XM ever releases a great looking Samurai Ra's al Ghul. He'd fit in perfectly with this line as well possibly looking close to the comic Ra's we all know. He's a character that can work as a Samurai statue as well as a more traditional DC statue. He's the only character I would consider in the Samurai line.
FJC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 02:12 PM   #23
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
To me this this is a another "on-ramp" to this line. Meaning many wouldn't buy the other releases or new ones because they can't get their hands on the First Batman and they may have missed or thought that the Batman shogun was too expensive. To XM's credit they are going Deep so giving new collectors more on-ramps into the line who will then buy other new releases helps new and old collectors.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 02:47 PM   #24
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
This is a great take and I one I definitely agree with.

As someone who just started collecting 1/4 pieces, this line was one I really like but missed out on a lot of the core pieces because I was so late to the hobby.

Now I have to really think about this one, as well as the penguin, another I really like... Which before I wouldn't have even considered previously.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 03:42 PM   #25
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
I kinda don’t like XM doing this one because it takes away from exclusive feeling of ownership from the first one . The shogun was a different animal and that one I felt didn’t do what this “ new “ Batman is.

I think they would have been better off with new villain . Ras and his league of ninja assassins would be an amazing set to make .
Quote:
Both valid points. Subby I partly felt this one takes away from the OG, too, but I don’t feel that way enough to the point where I don’t think this is a good idea for collectors who missed out and it’s a good play by XM so customers can get a Batman to partner with their newer releases. Maybe the OG’s aftermarket value takes some type of hit due to the new one? Then again, subsequent 1/4 Spideys didn’t stop the Comiquette from being worth multiples of it’s original price. You never know.

I like that this one is different enough from the OG Samurai. I don’t need this one. I’m quite happy with the OG. But good move from XM.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 04:19 PM   #26
Mister H
Gen 13

I think both the original Samurai Bats and this Shugo Bats will both be highly sought after.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 05:02 PM   #27
Asgard
Deadman

I was always surprised that XM didn't bring the second Batman much earlier to get more collectors excited about this series.

I'm happy with the first Batman and one Batman is enough for me.
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 05:27 PM   #28
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
From Ang...

For the collector's out there who missed out on 2016's Batman Samurai piece, we have good news! The team will be producing a second Batman Samurai collectible - Batman SHUGO! Stay tuned for more info!
Sculptor: Hery Sincity
Concept: Foo tzewei

Man, this is one wickedly cool sculpt! By far XM’s greatest line/concept. Beautiful work.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 05:34 PM   #29
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

One thing I can say in a hobby that’s flooded with repeats and high ES and boring sculpts this is something totally fresh and innovative as a line. Nothing has come along superhero related this unique and detailed ever. It’s evolving showing us what the “ new norm “ will be moving forward . Superior quality and pushing the limits on what can be.

I can’t wait to see this whole line up in a display under lights . Japanese art on the wall maybe a samurai sword replica .... just awesomeness
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 05:42 PM   #30
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
One thing I can say in a hobby that’s flooded with repeats and high ES and boring sculpts this is something totally fresh and innovative as a line. Nothing has come along superhero related this unique and detailed ever. It’s evolving showing us what the “ new norm “ will be moving forward . Superior quality and pushing the limits on what can be.

I can’t wait to see this whole line up in a display under lights . Japanese art on the wall maybe a samurai sword replica .... just awesomeness
You're right! I think this line is legendary and i don't own any of the statues. That just might change with the new Batman announcement though.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote