Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 03-15-2005, 05:00 PM   #21
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by valemeister
No prob. I took it back with no problems (YAY!) and I swapped it for Feel the Magic, which is called "Project Rub" over here...probably the most dodgy assed title for a game ever. LOL. But it's got loads of mini games like you said, so I'm a lot happier now.

Nintendo DS has been so popular since it's release this past weekend that there weren't many games left in the shop! I think the guy in the shop was actually very pelased to take Mr Driller off me as they'd ran out. LOL! Also, I'm looking forward to Mario Ware coming in the mail this week.

As for the PSP Vs DS thing, well I have a Playstaion 2 and am happy to keep p[laying games on that and have no desire to pick up the handheld version. I also don't see the point in playing movies on something that tiny. Now I've never owned a Nintendo in any form ever before and I'm really quite into this little DS machine. The little light pen is a great idea. I'm loving it anyway!

-Angie
Great that you got to swap it for Project Rub! It's a wacky storyline, and the games even wackier but it just gets better and better. There are games that I still haven't beaten in the archives. I agree about the PsP right now. I'm more interested in a portable gaming system, not an all in one. I have other devices to do those tricks. And it's just a tad bigger then the DS, though not as big as the Sega Game Gear which was huuuuge, but I wish it was something more logical to actually carry around to make it portable. I usually need my pack to carry games and systems. I heard Mario Kart DS is looking great and it's fast just like the SNES and N64 versions. Can't wait for that one!
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 12:09 AM   #22
VenoM
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Just picked up this system today and I have to say I'm very impressed! Just like some people I was very hesitant on getting this since the "HIGH & MIGHTY" PSP is due out soon but I have to say I am lovin' this DS! Tried Metroid and I like the way it looks and plays even though you have to use the pen to be able to turn so it took awhile to get used to. Now the MAIN reason I got this was for Mario DS, now you won't see this on the PSP! What a GREAT game, took me back to the N64 days. The games I am looking forward to are Castlevania & Mario Cart. I am pleased about the purchase, just waiting for more games!
VenoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 01:09 AM   #23
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoM
Just picked up this system today and I have to say I'm very impressed! Just like some people I was very hesitant on getting this since the "HIGH & MIGHTY" PSP is due out soon but I have to say I am lovin' this DS! Tried Metroid and I like the way it looks and plays even though you have to use the pen to be able to turn so it took awhile to get used to. Now the MAIN reason I got this was for Mario DS, now you won't see this on the PSP! What a GREAT game, took me back to the N64 days. The games I am looking forward to are Castlevania & Mario Cart. I am pleased about the purchase, just waiting for more games!

Glad you liked it V! It's good to be winning converts as I keep feeling the DS will fall the way of the Dreamcast, when it was such a great system and not many ppl gave it a chance. You don't need to use the stylus pen to look around in Metroid. You see that wrist strap that came with the system? It has a little plastic tab at the end. You slide your thumb into it, secure it well and use your thumb to look around on the touch screen, it works like a mouse for any computer games! Believe me it works alot better, but for games like Feel The Magic and WarioWare you'll need the pen. I can't wait for Mario Kart either, just wait till we get to go online with it wirelessly!!!
Old 03-22-2005, 05:25 PM   #24
VenoM
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Hey Ghost, thanks for the tip. Metroid plays a little easier with the "thumb pad". Well I'm playing Mario but I just got Yoshi, should start that soon. Has anyone played Madden 2005 or Tiger Woods 2005 on the DS? I am considering getting Madden, just wanted to see if anyone has played them and what they think. Rayman is the next release and that one I will be picking up!
VenoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 08:47 PM   #25
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoM
Hey Ghost, thanks for the tip. Metroid plays a little easier with the "thumb pad". Well I'm playing Mario but I just got Yoshi, should start that soon. Has anyone played Madden 2005 or Tiger Woods 2005 on the DS? I am considering getting Madden, just wanted to see if anyone has played them and what they think. Rayman is the next release and that one I will be picking up!

Glad that helped. As for Madden or Tiger, check out www.ign.com they have reviews on all the released games thus far. I think Madden got a so so score, actually they gave it a decent score saying next year knowing full well how to use the DS's capabilities it will be much better. As for Tiger I don't remember. I'll have to check out Ray Man as well.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:09 PM   #26
Primal
Batman

My bro got the DS when it first came out. I play it from time to time and i gotta tell you, the pen feature is great! Especially on the Mario 64 when you play one of the microgames...u can use the pen to pull back the slingshots to take down the parachuting Bomb-ombs! Coolness!
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 06:25 PM   #27
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by primal
My bro got the DS when it first came out. I play it from time to time and i gotta tell you, the pen feature is great! Especially on the Mario 64 when you play one of the microgames...u can use the pen to pull back the slingshots to take down the parachuting Bomb-ombs! Coolness!

I've yet to play Mario DS, I'm wondering if I should get it, even though it's a direct port from the 64 version, but those mini games sound fun! Not to mention trying to save up for statues and stuff!
Old 03-23-2005, 07:28 PM   #28
Primal
Batman

I think some small changes were made. U start out the game as Yoshi rather than Mario. I think Mario started the game in 64 right?
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 07:45 PM   #29
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by primal
I think some small changes were made. U start out the game as Yoshi rather than Mario. I think Mario started the game in 64 right?

Yeah in the original you could only play as Mario, but I read in this you get to use different characters to do certain things which sounds kewl.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:56 PM   #30
ButtonsKitsune
Doh!

I think the Nintendo DS is pretty cool! I onley have 4 games for the one I own right now so I'll talk about them.

Sonic Rush
This game is pretty cool! Just like the Sonic the Hedgehog games on the GBA, it's alot like the classic Sonic games onley with more attacks, today's look of Sonic and other stuff. The onley thing I don't like about the game is the voices. Ever sinse the game 'Shadow the Hedgehog', Sonic and his friends have had horrible voices. Sonic now sounds deeper and more sarcastic, Sonic's friend Tails sounds more like a girl but he's supposed to be a boy and worst of all the cutest charactor Cream the Rabbit now has a very squiky voice that can give you a headach.

Nintendogs
This is a very cute game! In it, you raze little puppies on the DS the same way you raze them in real life (onley with lesser trouble). You buy can them toys and important things, you can sell some of their stuff you don't need to get more money in the game, you can win money by taking them to Dog shows, you can take them for walks, etc.

Kirby Canvas Curse (Japanese name: Kirby's Magic Paintbrush)
I think this is a pretty fun game! Ofcaurse, every Kirby game I've played so far has alot of fun in it. In this game instead of controling Kirby with the arrow keys, you guide him with limited amounts of lines with your DS pen thing. I think this game is fun! The onley thing I don't really like is that Nintendo didn't need to change the game title for the US.

Kirby's Squik Squad
Unlike the previos Kirby game I mentioned, you control Kirby the same way you control him in the GBA games. Bubble Kirby (Kirby's new copy abillity) is very cool! You blow bubbles with him and any enemies near by get trapped in the bubbles and you see the icon their ability appear instead of the enemies themselves.

That's all!
ButtonsKitsune is offline   Reply With Quote