Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-21-2015, 11:49 AM   #19811
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
You can feel the vibe. People were not engaged. PPL left at mine also. Will not watch again, way to much hype. 98% on rotten tomato's.......that confirms they can no longer be trusted.
That's quite the Spidey sense you've got there.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 12:17 PM   #19812
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
You can feel the vibe. People were not engaged. PPL left at mine also. Will not watch again, way to much hype. 98% on rotten tomato's.......that confirms they can no longer be trusted.
Does that mean "we" cannot be trusted either? The reviews from the membership here are all 8/10 - 10/10 save yours and one other if I am not mistaken
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 01:05 PM   #19813
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
That's quite the Spidey sense you've got there.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 01:14 PM   #19814
Marvelito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Does that mean "we" cannot be trusted either? The reviews from the membership here are all 8/10 - 10/10 save yours and one other if I am not mistaken
I don't think any one person or place can be completely trusted, and even then opinions can vary wildly.

I do think that based on the RT score of 98%, as well as the overwhelmingly positive scores given here on SF, there is no middle ground for reviews on this film. Either you love it or hate it for the most part. The interesting thing is that in the instances where people did not like the film, it wasn't just them who didn't like it, but the entire audience they saw it with! What are the odds of that happening??
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 01:48 PM   #19815
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gates70 View Post
I understand someone saying they didn't like a movie, but did you guys stand at the door and take a poll when people came out ?
supernatural...
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 01:53 PM   #19816
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
I don't think any one person or place can be completely trusted, and even then opinions can vary wildly.

I do think that based on the RT score of 98%, as well as the overwhelmingly positive scores given here on SF, there is no middle ground for reviews on this film. Either you love it or hate it for the most part. The interesting thing is that in the instances where people did not like the film, it wasn't just them who didn't like it, but the entire audience they saw it with! What are the odds of that happening??
Now that's funny
Old 05-21-2015, 04:05 PM   #19817
siren3-4
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Cinema score for Mad Max Fury Road is a B+
siren3-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 07:36 PM   #19818
sylvan
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Rotten tomatoes gave the water diviner a 61%, however i loved the movie a 9/10. It is just a personal view and i am sure others may give it less than me.
I gave a score of 4/10 for MM because i did not like the movie like others in the theatre but i am not saying dont go the the movie, all i am doing is putting down is what i thought of it. I am glad other statue forum members liked it, well done and you showed how much you liked it by your marks ,but dont try and insinuate that i must have been making it up about others at the movies not liking it with some of the comments. I am certain you have all come out of a movie and you get a feel for how others like it. Our paper gave it a B also but i wanted to see it for myself. Others on SF (2) gave it a six. I am not saying i am right and you are wrong. My 2 bobs worth cheers
sylvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 10:25 PM   #19819
PureInvasion

Avengers: Age of Ultron ~ 2/5

Been waiting to see this one since release and I finally got a chance tonight. Sadly, after leaving the theatre, I feel as if I just wasted 2+ hours.
I thought that Ultron would be a tough villain to make 'work' on the big screen and I feel I was correct. Nothing about him ever clicked for me. Im happy I didn't see this with my wife as I can see the majority of non-comic fans being lost on this one since he was so poorly implemented. On top of that, Vision was just completely out of place in the film.
The movie dragged...a lot...Too many scenes were drawn out to the point of boredom.
Very few jokes and/or snide remarks actually worked for me. It just felt like they had to have a quip of some type every few minutes 'just because'.
Also felt that much of the action was lost on the big screen as the rapid camera cuts made it hard at times to tell what was happening in a given scene. Maybe it'll show better in a home environment?

Don't know what went wrong with this. Where's everything in the first Avengers was firing on all cylinders, this one was just exhausting to sit through. Iron Man 3 officially has a friend at the bottom of my superhero s*** list.
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 06:02 AM   #19820
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Now that's funny
it was.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote