Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-05-2021, 07:40 PM   #991
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
I had no clue who TF Batros was.

There's no chance this dude is being made! (Watch me have to eat my words come 2032 or something haha)
he was only in one episode, i just always thought he had a cool design. but yes, not a chance in hell. i'll just be thankful he got a MOTU Classic figure
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 07:47 PM   #992
Pendragon3000
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

If they do a 200X Count Marzo, they better include his cursed form:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0043.JPG
Views:	12
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	141020  
Pendragon3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 07:48 PM   #993
Pendragon3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
he was only in one episode, i just always thought he had a cool design. but yes, not a chance in hell. i'll just be thankful he got a MOTU Classic figure
Old 07-05-2021, 08:10 PM   #994
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
This reminds me of a debate I had with a forum member maybe seven years ago when XM first hit the market. He wanted a Marvel Black Knight. I said it would be cool but likely never happen. Not that the character isn’t beloved, just that in the market of statues where a certain number need to be made and sold to be profitable, the Black Knight would be way way down the line. Not impossible but highly unlikely. Here we are 7 years post XM’s Marvel launch and they still havent made it to him. Yet they’ve had 3 Wolverines, 3 Magnetos, two Phoenix’s etc etc.

The point is, could this bug be made? Sure, I’m in no place to say it’s an impossibility. But I think it would be years, and years, and years before you saw even a sniff of it. You’ll get multiple He-Man’s, Skeletor’s and Teela’s before we even see more popular characters let alone obscure ones like this guy or Marzo. It’s also that I just don’t have faith the line goes that long. I hope it does though.
Well said and I agree. I think most of us collectors have some weird and obscure C or D-list character/s that we absolutely love and would like to see represented in our collections. Odds are certainly stacked against them, but all we can do is put those desires out there in positive and constructive ways. It probably won't pan out, but even a glimmer of a chance is still a chance!

Quote:
I also must add, that thought process is how things are now. If Revelations is good and a hit, and part two has a huge storyline with a bug menace featuring Mosquitor and Webstor, sure, that changes things. Just like how in the 80’s the snake men were an after thought, but on 200x the Snake Men were the primary antagonist for an entire season. And the merch reflected that.
I agree with this as well. Although I doubt this storyline will be tackled in Revelations, but in the other Netflix MOTU show... the CGI one aimed more at a younger demographic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
Ah, if only one episode, that's probably how I completely missed him.

The more I learn about the Classics figure line, the more impressed I am with the amount of characters they were able to produce. Going so far and deep into the obscure minutia is super rare. Absolute magic that I hope Tweeterhead will be able to capture even a fraction of for us statue collectors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon3000 View Post
If they do a 200X Count Marzo, they better include his cursed form:
Possibly an EX proximity piece? Or maybe something like Hordak's minion?
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 08:17 PM   #995
Pendragon3000

Quote:

Quote:
Or Rotar and Twistoid ... lol
Did anyone ever like these two? I didn't want them and I don't think any of my friends had them either.
They sold out as part of the MOTU Classics subscription but they were released in Year 7 I believe to complete the vintage line.

I think Fisto and Jitsu would likely have a good reception but I would personally prefer Tri-Klops before them.

The Neca mini-statue is one of the best ones in that line:
Old 07-05-2021, 08:34 PM   #996
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Including liquid "blood" would be a pretty sweet addition. I don't know how difficult that might be to do in statue production. And then how would that last within a produced piece? Possible leaking would be a big problem (during shipping and on display over time). Potential evaporation issues maybe?
Yeah...it's probably more of a good on paper idea. Would be cool, though.

Quote:
This reminds me of a debate I had with a forum member maybe seven years ago when XM first hit the market. He wanted a Marvel Black Knight. I said it would be cool but likely never happen. Not that the character isn’t beloved, just that in the market of statues where a certain number need to be made and sold to be profitable, the Black Knight would be way way down the line. Not impossible but highly unlikely. Here we are 7 years post XM’s Marvel launch and they still havent made it to him. Yet they’ve had 3 Wolverines, 3 Magnetos, two Phoenix’s etc etc.

The point is, could this bug be made? Sure, I’m in no place to say it’s an impossibility. But I think it would be years, and years, and years before you saw even a sniff of it. You’ll get multiple He-Man’s, Skeletor’s and Teela’s before we even see more popular characters let alone obscure ones like this guy or Marzo. It’s also that I just don’t have faith the line goes that long. I hope it does though.
That's a fair point...that's pretty much the standard for companies these days, but here's hoping TH will take a different road. Even if they don't, I wouldn't count this line out...there's a hungry horde out there.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 08:38 PM   #997
MegatronG1
The X-Men

MOTU was always a brand without a set identity beyond generic Conan + sword and sorcery & sci-fi elements, with each figure built around a specific action feature. The story that emerged from that was developed only to the extent that it sells toys. I think 200X took it far enough to my satisfaction, it just needed to be completed.

I think the approach to statue choices shouldn't be so much which character is more important to the story, but which of the action figures were more popular, for whatever reason that may be. MOTU can't be approached like Marvel, as it isn't. This brand is locked into one, aging generation. The Origins toy line isn't moving the numbers. Newer fans raised on 200X would be insiginificant to statue sales.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 10:03 PM   #998
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
They sold out as part of the MOTU Classics subscription but they were released in Year 7 I believe to complete the vintage line.
Oh, wow. I was just thinking of the original 80s toys, but once again Classics went above and beyond.

That said, I wonder how many people bought these two because they actually liked them as characters? Or if they were bought by collectors who felt an overwhelming need to complete the line?

Quote:
I think Fisto and Jitsu would likely have a good reception but I would personally prefer Tri-Klops before them.

The Neca mini-statue is one of the best ones in that line:
This Jitsu is pretty cool. I appreciate all of the traditional details they added into his style.

As good as this looks, something is throwing me off. He doesn't really read as "Jitsu" to me and more like Ra's al Ghul with some sort of power glove.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
MOTU was always a brand without a set identity beyond generic Conan + sword and sorcery & sci-fi elements, with each figure built around a specific action feature. The story that emerged from that was developed only to the extent that it sells toys. I think 200X took it far enough to my satisfaction, it just needed to be completed.
It certainly started that way, but over so many years and so many versions it kinda evolved. Each new incarnation took what worked and added to that as sort of live revisions. 200X is certainly the best version so far, but here's hoping the next two shows can take things even further.

Quote:
I think the approach to statue choices shouldn't be so much which character is more important to the story, but which of the action figures were more popular, for whatever reason that may be. MOTU can't be approached like Marvel, as it isn't.
I agree more priority should go to more popular characters, but it would be nice to see a few curves sprinkled in for flavor. If Tweeterhead approaches this line like they do others, I'm sure it'll work out well in this way.

Quote:
This brand is locked into one, aging generation. The Origins toy line isn't moving the numbers. Newer fans raised on 200X would be insiginificant to statue sales.
This might be the case, but we're (fans, Mattel, Tweeterhead, retailers, etc) hoping that it's not. With the all the shows, toys, comics, and everything else this seems to be one last major push to see if this franchise has legs or if it has to be put down.

Collectors from the 80s have shown that they are deep into nostalgia now and have proven that they're willing to put down big money to get that fix.

The Origins toys are doing okay, especially being hampered by shipping delays, the weird split of first dibs between Target and Walmart, and the biggest problem being that the new cartoons aren't available yet. When the first half or Revelations drops later this month, that should give a decent sales bump. Another when the second half drops (whenever that will be). And the biggest test is when the CGI show starts.

I think fans from the 200X days will be helpful similar to how the Star Wars prequels have had a shift in perspective. Those folks would be in their mid 20s- early 30s... folks with nostalgia of their own along with disposable income.

And the kids of the 80's and 200X folks... I've seen in the communities how the adult fans are buying the new figures for their kids to play with. As everything begins to open back up and kids going back to school, maybe during playtime the interest will spread like before. When other kids see their friends with MOTU figures and will want some of their own.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 12:10 AM   #999
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:

The more I learn about the Classics figure line, the more impressed I am with the amount of characters they were able to produce. Going so far and deep into the obscure minutia is super rare. Absolute magic that I hope Tweeterhead will be able to capture even a fraction of for us statue collectors.
i don't own many of them, it sadly was running in a time where my toy funds were very low. but it is incredible what they were able to accomplish with it. they pretty much got out every character, no matter how minor from the original, 200X and some of the other versions of the show.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 02:09 AM   #1000
MegatronG1
The X-Men

I also missed the boat a few times throughout the Classics run. It's a shame there's no apparent plans to reissue them. Sometimes companies lose or even destroy their steel molds, which is absurd. The line couldn't have gone deep without the subscription model, at least initially, but they went well beyond getting the main rosters done. Truly enormously impressive job for such a fickle industry.

Of course, besides QC issues, cost cutting, they didn't reissue key figures like Fisto and several others. And the store sucked and would crash often.

I think TH should just continue the stactions, in blister cards and all. It's all I really want in a MOTU line. Depth and releases in a timely manner in waves. Maybe they could work with the Four Horsemen, reissue some of the old ones to give the new line a boost?
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote