Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-06-2021, 02:37 AM   #1001
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post

I think TH should just continue the stactions, in blister cards and all. It's all I really want in a MOTU line. Depth and releases in a timely manner in waves. Maybe they could work with the Four Horsemen, reissue some of the old ones to give the new line a boost?

i would love this. i've always wanted to see what the horsemen Scareglow would've looked like.
MrYac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 01:12 PM   #1002
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
I think TH should just continue the stactions, in blister cards and all. It's all I really want in a MOTU line. Depth and releases in a timely manner in waves. Maybe they could work with the Four Horsemen, reissue some of the old ones to give the new line a boost?
I could see this as an additional option. The 1/5 Legends is the main/primary focus, but after the Skeletor bust I could see them being open to doing a side line like this.

But then again, that could also be too many irons in the fire. Hmmm...
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 02:27 PM   #1003
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
MOTU was always a brand without a set identity beyond generic Conan + sword and sorcery & sci-fi elements, with each figure built around a specific action feature. The story that emerged from that was developed only to the extent that it sells toys. I think 200X took it far enough to my satisfaction, it just needed to be completed.

I think the approach to statue choices shouldn't be so much which character is more important to the story, but which of the action figures were more popular, for whatever reason that may be. MOTU can't be approached like Marvel, as it isn't. This brand is locked into one, aging generation. The Origins toy line isn't moving the numbers. Newer fans raised on 200X would be insiginificant to statue sales.
200x and the MYP comics that came with it certainly laid the ground work for a deeper lore. Involving Hordak as the big bad, the Snake-Men as the original baddies of Eternia, the link to King Greyskull etc etc.

Then the DC comics took it even further, though I'm not a fan of how far they went with some of their design choices.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 09:18 PM   #1004
Pendragon3000
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
i don't own many of them, it sadly was running in a time where my toy funds were very low. but it is incredible what they were able to accomplish with it. they pretty much got out every character, no matter how minor from the original, 200X and some of the other versions of the show.
Yes, when you see them all together it is quite impressing. I wish they continued to complete the NA characters.

Quote:
I also missed the boat a few times throughout the Classics run. It's a shame there's no apparent plans to reissue them. Sometimes companies lose or even destroy their steel molds, which is absurd. The line couldn't have gone deep without the subscription model, at least initially, but they went well beyond getting the main rosters done. Truly enormously impressive job for such a fickle industry.
I think the support from the property's fans was a big reason why it was successful. People were still subscribing (including me) knowing they were scraping the bottom of the barrel just to get the remaining fan favorite characters. I wish Mattel let Super7 continue with the Classics but that would compete with their Origins and Mastervese figures.

Quote:
That would be awesome.
Pendragon3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 10:11 PM   #1005
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I see people on the forums, Facebook groups etc... screaming about the Classics line, but the stactions were superior to me
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 12:45 PM   #1006
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

So what are the chances of getting a new MOTU reveal during this Sideshow Con event ? Trap-Jaw ? Scareglow ?
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 01:21 PM   #1007
AlexLothos

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
So what are the chances of getting a new MOTU reveal during this Sideshow Con event ? Trap-Jaw ? Scareglow ?
With the Netflix MOTU Revelations dropping this week, it would be a smart idea.

We'll see how things go...
Old 07-21-2021, 02:43 PM   #1008
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
With the Netflix MOTU Revelations dropping this week, it would be a smart idea.

We'll see how things go...
Nope. If we see anything that wasn't discussed before, it won't be at this event
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 03:42 PM   #1009
AlexLothos

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Nope. If we see anything that wasn't discussed before, it won't be at this event

Wait, Trap-Jaw and Scareglow were mentioned ages ago, so maybe...?

Yeah, I'm not getting my hopes up.
Old 07-23-2021, 10:27 AM   #1010
Thor57
Teen Titans

http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...62#post5973562

Created its own thread, since I'm sure we're gonna get a fair amount of talk going now that its released. It is a spoiler thread, so beware for those that havent watched it.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote