Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 01-04-2022, 01:42 PM   #1
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Dark Knights: Metal

Dark Knights: Metal 2/10

I finally read it to see, if i like Batman Who Laughs since sideshow made a pf. If i liked him, i would get the pf, but there wasn't much appearance by the evil dark knight of Barbatos to feel anything about them in the deluxe. No back story about them what so ever but i got another hc called Dark Knights Rising. May be the back stories are there but i must say Metal Deluxe on its own doesn't look like anything once you finished the adventure. Not enough meat in the adventure in the Deluxe. Certainly felt russhed.

There was this interesting thing about the Dark Knights: Metal though, It didn't feel big like the adventures in the Batman run of Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo. Their Batman run adventures were cetainly bigger more bombastic adventures than Metal and Metal supposed to be the event, the biggest adventure of Batman after Snyder&Capullo run of Batman and all star Batman run of Snyder, yet it didn't feel that way. Anyone else reading the Metal ? what are your thoughts ?
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 02:12 PM   #2
Asgard
Deadman

Let me put it this way, I won't read it a second time. The drawings are great, but I was absolutely not enthusiastic about the story. No matter how fantastic and untrustworthy a story is, I can get excited about it if it is told well.
With Dark Metal I got bored quickly and only read it to the end because I wanted to get to know the characters that Prime 1 brings out as statues.
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 10:12 PM   #3
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

I actually like a lot of Snyder's stories but this one just didn't hit for me.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 01:34 PM   #4
luisharp
Doh!

Totally agree, the drawings are really lovely, but the story doesn't really catch on at all. It was hard to finish it the first time, and the second time to take it on...No thanks already!
I'd better go do my accounting homework.
luisharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 04:45 PM   #5
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by luisharp View Post
Totally agree, the drawings are really lovely, but the story doesn't really catch on at all. It was hard to finish it the first time, and the second time to take it on...No thanks already!
I'd better go do my accounting homework.
Oh, thank god you are not a teenager... I was like is he/she a highschool kid or something at first when i saw your post's unedited version. (:

And i was like OMG please no, this is my last place to hide from those Giga Chad and Simping comments... Kids today... Giga Chad, Simping... Simping, Giga Chad... these two words will come up alot from the mouth of a teen, if you chat with him, get ready. xD Their generation's two big invention... Giga Chad and Simping...

Please God, let no teen discover the forum... I don't want to see conversations about Giga chad and Simping...
Old 03-18-2022, 04:07 PM   #6
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

I read Batman Who laughs HC and it was medicore. 5/10

I would expect The Grim Knight to be something like The Punisher, but he was a straight out villain who was the right hand of Batman Who laughs.

It was certainly a continueation of Snyder's run starting from The Black Mirror. James Gordon Jr. played a big role in the story. I wonder Batman would really be helpless, if he also wasn't changeing by the toxin in to a Batman who laughs so he was able to think like Batman who laughs and was able to stop him.

The Grim Knight killed many Batman villains... So this kind of made me question, if we were on the main earth or was this an elseworld as well. Those classic villains are irreplaceable and they all died off panel.

The book didn't end, it said the story will continue in Batman Superman Book.
Old 03-18-2022, 04:44 PM   #7
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I have to say that I enjoyed both of them but they both had the same issue that both Marvel and DC do with their big epic cross over series is that they they keep trying to add more and more and more.

For the most part I thought the first one was great. It possibly. could have been one issue shorter but I do think that it was very good and I did not regret buying it and the crossovers, which I thought worked very well.

The 2nd one went on a little too long. It easily could have been 5 issues and did not need all of the one shots. To me with the 2nd one I could have seen Dan Didio saying "even though it is not necessary, let's do a 2nd one and make it much bigger, larger and more expensive because it will be twice as popular and sell much better than the first one". And yes that was his job but more is not always better (Did we really need Countdown to Final Crisis after 52 and it's never ending one shots?)
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 03:30 AM   #8
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Oh, the Dark Nights: Metal is definetly 2/10 for me. I was like WTF just did i read in the end... HA HA

Batman who laughs was okeyer in everyway. 5/10

Certainly, don't feel like getting the Sideshow Batman Who laughs Statue.
Old 03-21-2022, 01:31 PM   #9
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

I read Dark Knights: Metal as it was coming out. Was a big fan of this team’s run on Batman so I had high hopes which were dashed completely by this series. Great art cannot make up for sloppy, rushed and incoherent writing. SMH.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 11:56 AM   #10
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

It is said Last Knight on Earth was pretty crapy as well. Another HC waiting to be read on my shelf.

I read Snyder&Capulo run until Bunny Armor Gordon adventure. I don't understand why the sudden need to glorify Gordon !?!?! the cop wonder. I was like what a bull---- to Gordon Batman and dropped the run there. Court of Owls was good but the rest of the run until Bunny Armor Gordon was medicore anyway.