Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 02-27-2020, 01:45 PM   #511
MapleDonut
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Seems odd that the collector's edition comes with something that the EX does not.
Yeah, it's basically two separate exclusives.
MapleDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 01:54 PM   #512
MapleDonut
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
So now the church base that was originally advertised to go with Robin is only for the regular edition and the Ex has one base to match Batman's now?

It seems like the base issue changes weekly now. I need a spreadsheet to keep track. I prefer the church base personally since I was going to display him with the Titans. I may cancel my Robin Ex now and get a regular edition instead.
I may do the same just out of principal. Both bases were promised at one point and I'm getting tired of the changing script on this item.
Old 02-27-2020, 01:57 PM   #513
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleDonut View Post
I may do the same just out of principal. Both bases were promised at one point and I'm getting tired of the changing script on this item.
I just sent my email off to Tweeterhead requesting the cancel.

I asked to get my full refund as well since it has changed descriptions several times since I ordered it in September of 2018 and it will be 6 months late for delivery in a couple days since it was originally an October 2019 time frame.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 02:01 PM   #514
MapleDonut
Justice League

I'm hoping Tweeterhead may instead chose to do right on this one and include both bases with the EX.

If that can be addressed on his Sunday FB-cast that would be good to know.
Old 02-27-2020, 02:22 PM   #515
grphyx1
Kingpin

Well this was from the September 6, 2019 update:

He's Here!! Batman has arrived and we are starting to ship on Monday.

In the meantime, I wanted to show you guys the Robin EX base (not the add on for Batman and Robin...that will be shown next week).

This is the base you EX customers will be getting. It works so much better than the Reg base. I hope you agree and are excited about it. I made this change for you guys because it will be a much more striking piece. I don't intend on changing things up on you again, this was just a change that I should have made before I put Robin up for Pre-Order.

Thanks for understanding and have a great weekend!!!!

grphyx1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 02:29 PM   #516
MapleDonut
Justice League

I'm pretty sure Chad did a video in which he said EX customers would get both bases.

I don't think we should be splitting hairs that it hasn't been completely confusing about what this item will come with or how it will look.
Old 02-27-2020, 04:04 PM   #517
AlexT
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Well, this 2 base thing might be my fault. I made an assumption, posted it here or over on FB and I think somewhere along the lines it got mixed with official announcement. I looked through the post and I can't find where Chad stated 2 bases (Church and Gargoyle) would come with EX.
AlexT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 04:13 PM   #518
chrismhk
Luke Cage

I mean EX is supposed to be something extra... If it is not it should be clarified and named as Version A and Version B instead. It beats the purpose of Exclusive imo. The EX situation with Robin has been a disaster. I don’t know how it will be for you guys, but I think this will be the final nail in the coffin for me to never order anything from TH direct again. I will support them through distributors.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 04:36 PM   #519
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexT View Post
Well, this 2 base thing might be my fault. I made an assumption, posted it here or over on FB and I think somewhere along the lines it got mixed with official announcement. I looked through the post and I can't find where Chad stated 2 bases (Church and Gargoyle) would come with EX.
Hardly your fault. This whole thing has been clear as mud.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 06:20 PM   #520
slow17motion
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
So now the church base that was originally advertised to go with Robin is only for the regular edition and the Ex has one base to match Batman's now?

It seems like the base issue changes weekly now. I need a spreadsheet to keep track. I prefer the church base personally since I was going to display him with the Titans. I may cancel my Robin Ex now and get a regular edition instead.
I don't expect any apologies from the Tweeterhead apologists and sycophants who constantly excuse this absolute sh*tshow, but I feel the need to point out that an EX is no longer an EX if you don't include the regular part as well. It is now an ALTERNATE base.

I know I said I'd just go gently into that good night, but now that the money is back in my account this train wreck is just too good to miss.

Get that $$$ back. And I look forward to everyone else's salty replies.
slow17motion is offline   Reply With Quote