Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 02-27-2020, 06:23 PM   #521
slow17motion
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexT View Post
Well, this 2 base thing might be my fault. I made an assumption, posted it here or over on FB and I think somewhere along the lines it got mixed with official announcement. I looked through the post and I can't find where Chad stated 2 bases (Church and Gargoyle) would come with EX.
If it's an EX, it should come with the ORIGINAL and the EXCLUSIVE. Have you ever known any company to market an EX where they didn't include the original piece as well? If there are alternate versions, it's CLEARLY marketed that way (like the Hawkman 1:3, w/ closed, open, and both sets of wings).

You were intentionally misled.
slow17motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 06:34 PM   #522
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

It's not an uncommon thing for an EX to have a different piece entirely than the reg and no switch out...F4F did it with their Tekken & Soul Calibur bases...Sideshow did it with the old Spiderman/Venom Diorama (the head) iirc too...i'm sure there are more examples too...

I think as always changing things after the pre-order just causes confusion....and then to add to that confusion by not updating the website or getting emails out to people with regular updates just adds to it.

Even doing Facebook updates after the fact isn't really good enough since everyone doesn't use it.

And having to trail through 50 pages on a forum isn't helpful either.

As usual it's isn't the waiting that gets to people it's the not knowing...communication is key.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 06:35 PM   #523
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow17motion View Post
I don't expect any apologies from the Tweeterhead apologists and sycophants who constantly excuse this absolute sh*tshow, but I feel the need to point out that an EX is no longer an EX if you don't include the regular part as well. It is now an ALTERNATE base.

I know I said I'd just go gently into that good night, but now that the money is back in my account this train wreck is just too good to miss.

Get that $$$ back. And I look forward to everyone else's salty replies.
This and the PCS-style way an extra 150 Batman "exclusives" found their way to the market is a clear indication that people should stay away from TH.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 06:46 PM   #524
slow17motion
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
It's not an uncommon thing for an EX to have a different piece entirely than the reg and no switch out...F4F did it with their Tekken & Soul Calibur bases...Sideshow did it with the old Spiderman/Venom Diorama (the head) iirc too...i'm sure there are more examples too...

I think as always changing things after the pre-order just causes confusion....and then to add to that confusion by not updating the website or getting emails out to people with regular updates just adds to it.

Even doing Facebook updates after the fact isn't really good enough since everyone doesn't use it.

And having to trail through 50 pages on a forum isn't helpful either.

As usual it's isn't the waiting that gets to people it's the not knowing...communication is key.
Yes, but the times when F4F does it, it's CLEARLY marketed that way (and it costs significantly more). In fact, F4F will have them listed on entirely different pages (like Sideshow with its Collectors/Exclusive pages). It's never just ONE page on the site that announces an EX piece. That's why this is so endlessly confusing.

XM sold the Cyclops Ver. A, with one torso. Ver. B comes with two torsos and a base for the one you're not using. It's OBVIOUS.

To offer Robin PLUS an EX base to accommodate Batgirl, Batman, and Robin CLEARLY indicates you'll get both because if you're ordering Robin from Tweeterhead they know that you're not NECESSARILY buying all three.

The issue is that they CHANGED it so that Robin's base has the gargoyle (and hideous smoke stacks because it had balance issues and was falling over and breaking without them) and it fits into some stupid trim where Robin's rooftop faces Batman's in some idiotic nonsensical composition.

So, NOW you don't get the OG base they marketed. You literally don't get what is PICTURED ON THE SITE when you made your order.

That's the problem.
Old 02-27-2020, 06:54 PM   #525
slow17motion
The Spirit

If you go to their website right now, this is what you'll see. You see Robin on his CHURCH base and a description that says you'll get an addition that will fit Batgirl and Batman. This is the same description they had when I preordered in January.

Now, you're not getting the base pictured. You're getting an uglier base. You're also not getting a base that accommodates Batgirl. Finally, the bases fit together in a way that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

If you really must have this piece, go through Sideshow. Sideshow will send you the church base, which is not as ugly and doesn't have balance issues (Chad mentioned that the base kept falling over in a previous video and that's when the stupid smoke stacks showed up). Plus, as a bonus, you get Sideshow points and customer service that doesn't make you want to stab yourself in the eye with a fork.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Robin.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	204.5 KB
ID:	128842  
Old 02-27-2020, 07:50 PM   #526
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
This and the PCS-style way an extra 150 Batman "exclusives" found their way to the market is a clear indication that people should stay away from TH.

125, but yeah. I really would like to see this addressed. At least acknowledge it with some sort of explanation (good or bad). I think we deserve that much.

As for the base(s)...yeah. All boils down to communication.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 08:39 PM   #527
No1WonderFan
Blue Falcon

Wait a minute...I also was under the impression that we were getting both bases. I guess I misunderstood or was misinformed. Ha.

I had no idea that I had to decide which one I wanted up front. Seems like the gargoyle will be the most cohesive between the three. I suppose that means I chose correctly if I ordered the exclusive. That is...if I'm even understanding that correctly. LOL.
No1WonderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 08:46 PM   #528
Mammal
Blue Falcon

You people just lack patience and understanding. Become enlightened and accept that you will get whatever they decide to give you, whenever they decide to give it to you.

Some of you are so entitled that you believe that if you order a thing, you’ll actually get a thing. Collectors these days. Sheesh.
Mammal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 08:52 PM   #529
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammal View Post
You people just lack patience and understanding. Become enlightened and accept that you will get whatever they decide to give you, whenever they decide to give it to you.

Some of you are so entitled that you believe that if you order a thing, you’ll actually get a thing. Collectors these days. Sheesh.
MisterJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 09:21 PM   #530
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

I see Slowmo still can't let things go after a swift refund. He will secretly be buying all of TH's future statues while whining about them. $25 off for full pay and free shipping in the U.S. pleases him greatly.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote