Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 10-02-2020, 09:36 AM   #501
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puni View Post
really excited about your line and cant wait to see scareglow!

hopefully there will be a nice Hordetrooper down the line ... please!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
First of all there can never be enough She-ra :P. It's not an option, it needs to happen PLEASE. I would love to see Catra, Shadow Weaver, Scorpia, and Mermista as well among others. However, if we want the line to do well and continue...I'm not sure Scareglow is a good option. I really don't want this line to be done before it even starts.
KaraFan as you can see it is going to be very difficult to please everyone. We get the clamouring for companies to go outside the box and stop doing the same characters, and then when they hint at a lower tier level character, some start crying the end is near. There are many times where I did not know I wanted a representation of a character until I say it in front of me. I think Igo had said that they don't have freedom to hit on some popular She-Ra characters. I think only ones that have crossed over into MOTU territory.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 09:44 AM   #502
Mister H
Gen 13

I would delve into the MOTU line for a Tri-Klops statue.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 10:03 AM   #503
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Very happy to see a Scareglow announcement, although I am slightly concerened how he will look, the bones painted directly onto the body on the Mondo 1:6 scale figure didn't look good in my opinion, of course the paint job on the Tweeterhead version will be far better but getting that effect of his skeleton actually glowing inside of his body could be tricky to pull off on a large scale statue.

Still very excited to see what TH does with him though, this has the potential to be a really creepy looking piece.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 10:07 AM   #504
Acolyte
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
There are many times where I did not know I wanted a representation of a character until I say it in front of me.
Very well said. I still remember how upset I have been (well, maybe more like dissappointed) after Sideshow had shown a teaser of their upcoming She-Ra statue. I have never been a huge PoP fan I and I really wanted a Teela statue in that line. And what can I say? I ordered She-Ra anyways after seeing photos of her. And now that I have her in my collection I am truly in love with that statue. I wouldn´t want to miss it just one second.
Acolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 10:19 AM   #505
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Very happy to see a Scareglow announcement, although I am slightly concerened how he will look, the bones painted directly onto the body on the Mondo 1:6 scale figure didn't look good in my opinion, of course the paint job on the Tweeterhead version will be far better but getting that effect of his skeleton actually glowing inside of his body could be tricky to pull off on a large scale statue.

Still very excited to see what TH does with him though, this has the potential to be a really creepy looking piece.
I'm sure we won't get the Pappa Legba effect on this. HA. but I can't wait to see it.
Old 10-02-2020, 11:11 AM   #506
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post

If Scare Glow is a full scale figure, I wonder how they will pull this effect off?

Perhaps an under skeleton made of glow material and then the rest of the figure is clear resin molded around the skeleton?

It could be a lot of work on the engineering and production side of things, but the finished result could be spectacular!
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 11:19 AM   #507
Igo
Producer
Producer

Puni - Thanks man! Id LOVE to do a new take on a Horde Trooper... that's the true army builder of the MOTU universe.

Acolyte - LOL! I love the way your brain works... Im not gonna give you any more clues...

As for Teela and her Cobra Armor, I think overall, broad appeal wise, shes a little bit more iconic without it... but I get hard-core classic fans feel the opposite - It's how she was first represented in the comics, the toy, etc... but I think we have something in mind that will HOPEFULLY make lots of people happy, but you never know...

KaraFan - Never enough She-Ra, check And totally disagree about Scare Glow. I think he's become one of the more popular characters in the MOTU universe because of his crazy awesome visual appeal and rarity of the original vintage figure. He's popular... Mondo even did great with their 1:6 scale figure and they didnt have a lot of "the core" characters out before him. He also appeared in Origins Wave 2 and has been one of the more sought after figures whenever he comes out... he popular...

grphyx1 - Haha I totally agree on the "...do more unique characters!" and then you hear "...you didnt do all the popular characters!" battle... it's always there, but I get it.

Mister H - We'll definitely have to eventually do a take on him. He's not my favorite, but people love him and he could be really cool to do.

majestic1 - Mondo wanted to approach it like the original vintage and classics figures, and I totally get it. I think they did a good job in that approach, but since we're doing a "Legends" take on him, and working with resin (more freedom to do unique sculpts from the ground up) we're really taking advantage of that and doing something, different... but I think is totally crazy awesome.

Thanks for all the feedback guys!
Igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 11:29 AM   #508
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
grphyx1 - Haha I totally agree on the "...do more unique characters!" and then you hear "...you didnt do all the popular characters!" battle... it's always there, but I get it.

Thanks for all the feedback guys!
Igo, I always look at it this way, if a character that I have no connection with gets made within a line, then it wasn't for me, but I know there are collectors out there that will be glad they get attention. A very wise artist friend of mine said to me "you can't have everything" and it's true. Granted he is still refusing to sell to me the one print of his that I need to complete my search, but I don't hate him for it.
Old 10-02-2020, 12:27 PM   #509
Acolyte
Birdman

Quote:
Acolyte - LOL! I love the way your brain works... Im not gonna give you any more clues...

As for Teela and her Cobra Armor, I think overall, broad appeal wise, shes a little bit more iconic without it... but I get hard-core classic fans feel the opposite - It's how she was first represented in the comics, the toy, etc... but I think we have something in mind that will HOPEFULLY make lots of people happy, but you never know...
Thank you, sir. I´ll keep my mouth shut, then.

@Teela: I think you´re right. At least in the US, Teela´s Filmation-like look is more iconic. Although I have to say that here in Germany, apart from the cartoon show, she was almost always depicted with her cobra armor. Maybe that´s why I am so fond of that look. But I am truly curious how your version of the Warrior Goddess will turn out. I bet nothing less than amazing.
Acolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 12:36 PM   #510
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:

Mister H - We'll definitely have to eventually do a take on him. He's not my favorite, but people love him and he could be really cool to do.
Oh man.....I'll settle for Trapjaw until then.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote