Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 05-13-2022, 04:41 AM   #211
damienjakk
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
You could be right, but trolling people that might buy your product is a really bad business decision, especially pieces this expensive, since it would likely cost them tens of thousands of dollars in sales, I hope that's not the case, but several people here say it ruins the piece for them, I dont love the base, but it doesn't ruin the beauty of Dejah to me
I thought that at first myself, but it is a simple fix and not a rework of her face or anything like that.

The placement of the ring, the veins, etc. I just find it extremely difficult to believe that not one person working on this project came to the same conclusion as all of us.

Something like the RE6 giraffe bj logo I can see someone not noticing, but this?
damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 05:49 AM   #212
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Okay, so I'm not the only one. That's a big, black, veiny dick with a ---- ring on the tip. Way to ruin a perfectly fine mark Newman sculpt.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 06:15 AM   #213
Gyro Zeppeli
Zot

I would assume it is intentional.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 08:11 AM   #214
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatchumby View Post
This is proving to be one tricky base

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Haha, touche

Oh man, this base can't win, it's either a giant schlong or vagina

jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 11:36 AM   #215
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by damienjakk View Post
I thought that at first myself, but it is a simple fix and not a rework of her face or anything like that.

The placement of the ring, the veins, etc. I just find it extremely difficult to believe that not one person working on this project came to the same conclusion as all of us.

Something like the RE6 giraffe bj logo I can see someone not noticing, but this?
Why would they, it's a tusk and it looks like a tusk...
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 11:42 AM   #216
Straken-SWE
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
If I had to guess I would also guess on a tusk, it looks like a tusk from some large animal
Straken-SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 11:47 AM   #217
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
One reason is because the Tusk right beside it comes to a sharp point, I dont know, it's not a deal breaker for me, but I imagine it is for a lot of people, between now and next Thursdays pre order I'd do a little touch up on it
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 12:14 PM   #218
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straken-SWE View Post
If I had to guess I would also guess on a tusk, it looks like a tusk from some large animal
It clearly is, and large tusks do generally get rounded over time in real life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
One reason is because the Tusk right beside it comes to a sharp point, I dont know, it's not a deal breaker for me, but I imagine it is for a lot of people, between now and next Thursdays pre order I'd do a little touch up on it
the smaller one next to it does not come to a sharp point, it's sharper for sure but it's still pretty dulled. I'm fine with them changing it or even removing it altogether but this whole "they obviously know it's phallic!" seems crazy :|
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 12:41 PM   #219
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
^ You've quoted this before.
And I am still waiting for a statue designer to actually follow the description. The girlish figure and oval face is usually ignored as well is the skin tone. A dark haired, tan, curvy and nearly naked woman seems the standard design.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 12:57 PM   #220
Yojimbo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
"And the sight which met my eyes was that of a slender, girlish figure, similar in every detail to the earthly women of my past life... Her face was oval and beautiful in the extreme, her every feature was finely chiseled and exquisite, her eyes large and lustrous and her head surmounted by a mass of coal black, waving hair, caught loosely into a strange yet becoming coiffure. Her skin was of a light reddish copper color, against which the crimson glow of her cheeks and the ruby of her beautifully molded lips shone with a strangely enhancing effect. She was as destitute of clothes as the green Martians who accompanied her; indeed, save for her highly wrought ornaments she was entirely naked, nor could any apparel have enhanced the beauty of her perfect and symmetrical figure. "
Describes what SSC gave us almost perfectly, except for the cheek glow and red lips
Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote