wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Thanks for the link.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 10:20 AM   #22
protector2814
Phoenix

So far, I've read the following Rebirth #1s - Aquaman, Flash, Green Arrow, Green Lanterns, Titans & Batman. Gotta say, "I've enjoyed them". Best Reboot I've read in a while & there have been a few.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 12:51 PM   #23
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Thanks for the link.
Seems like Parallax is on the right track, but ultimately I get the sense they don't intend to remedy or answer every continuity issue that's been created by the various reboots and relaunches. I think they'll address what they can and whatever they can't they will probably just chalk it up to that pesky Dr. Manhattan.

Personally I'm still optimistic about the Rebirth, but we'll see.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 01:59 PM   #24
Parallax
Nightwing

I'm going to assume at some point within the next year we get some sort of event where the DC heroes encounter Doctor Manhattan.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 02:30 PM   #25
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallax View Post
I'm going to assume at some point within the next year we get some sort of event where the DC heroes encounter Doctor Manhattan.
Yeah, that seems inevitable.
Old 06-26-2016, 02:32 PM   #26
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
So far, I've read the following Rebirth #1s - Aquaman, Flash, Green Arrow, Green Lanterns, Titans & Batman. Gotta say, "I've enjoyed them". Best Reboot I've read in a while & there have been a few.
Maybe part of my problem is, with the exception of Superman now, these still feel like New 52 characters to me, though still want to pick up Aquaman. And King's first issue on Batman just didn't cut it for me following Snyder's run.
Old 06-26-2016, 04:26 PM   #27
Parallax
Nightwing

That's because they still are New 52 characters. Wally, Barry, Batman, and the Titans know what happened, but they didn't just get every memory back and become who they used to be.
Old 06-26-2016, 10:01 PM   #28
ReplicantSavior

Quote:
I made some pictures to help me explain.

This is the DC timeline as we new it just over a year ago. Barry created the Flashpoint, which in turn created the New 52.

However, a year ago Convergence was released. During Convergence, Telos traveled out of space and time and collected cities from the history of DC to fight against each other. One of those cities was Post Crisis (or Pre-Flashpoint) Metropolis. Knowing how time travel works, that means we now have multiple Lois and Clarks (as well as every other character involved) meaning that there are many versions of the same person from the past. Characters that never passed through the timeline change. (For example, Hal Jordan was taken from the past as Parallax, even though there was a modern day version of Hal Jordan already in existence.)

After defeating Telos, Lois and Clark from Post Crisis Metropolis wound up in the New 52. Since New 52 is the future of the Post Crisis timeline, Lois and Clark ended up in the future.

It's revealed in the DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH special, that Doctor Manhattan tampered with the timeline during Flashpoint. He took away 10 years of time. Not just random time. He intentionally took memories, love, and important events from people. He essentially created a fresh start. You can see below that Lois and Clark moving through Convergence did not move through the same timeline that Lois and Clark moving through Flashpoint did. Therefore, when Doctor Manhattan took 10 years of everyone's life away, Post Crisis Lois and Clark were unaffected since they never traveled on that timeline. Now we have two versions of the same Lois and Clark. One from the present and one from the past, both living in the present. New 52 Clark, who is the future version of Post Crisis Clark, dies (or "dies" if you're reading Action Comics). Now we have Clark from the past stepping up as Superman. This is the same Clark, but he didn't lose his memories, his loves, and his important events.

I hope that makes sense. I understand it's hard to explain. I also ran out of room and my Convergence arrow passes through my pink time stolen arrow, which is a very poor design flaw when you're trying to show that time wasn't stolen on the Convergence timeline.
Thanks for this. I was confused when I read some spoilers that had Clark and Lois in that motel. And talk about New 52 Superman dying and a Superwoman.

It's still a mess and I'm picking very carefully the titles I will buy. The thing that always puts me off getting modern runs of mainstream comics is these events that writers have to make their work fit into.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 10:39 PM   #29
Parallax
Nightwing

It's actually been surprisingly straightfoward. When Superman died the power that escaped from his body hit Lois, so she's going to become Superwoman. I don't think you're giving it enough credit honestly because everyone I know has been extremely impressed with the quality of DC's titles since Rebirth started.
Old 06-27-2016, 01:37 AM   #30
Marvelito

Quote:
Pretty much guaranteed.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote