Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-13-2018, 03:36 PM   #861
MPCanes
The X-Men

Actually digging the ES structure, as long as it let's XM Studios survive as a company.

Will help retain value on these, something the market desperately needs. Wish SS would go back to pre-announced EX Edition sizes or starting a fixed timeframe like this. EX should actually mean something; picking up exclusives cheaper on ebay is a disgrace...
MPCanes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 07:14 PM   #862
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPCanes View Post
Actually digging the ES structure, as long as it let's XM Studios survive as a company.

Will help retain value on these, something the market desperately needs. Wish SS would go back to pre-announced EX Edition sizes or starting a fixed timeframe like this. EX should actually mean something; picking up exclusives cheaper on ebay is a disgrace...
Technically, Sideshow kind of already does this with their TBD ES sizes. They just leave the window open a lot longer when gauging the numbers. Some of Sideshow’s pieces end up having a low ES with this method like Swamp Thing while other pieces can have an ES of several thousand after the TBD time is over.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 09:26 PM   #863
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
Technically, Sideshow kind of already does this with their TBD ES sizes. They just leave the window open a lot longer when gauging the numbers. Some of Sideshow’s pieces end up having a low ES with this method like Swamp Thing while other pieces can have an ES of several thousand after the TBD time is over.
What SS does is take whatever pre-orders they get for the exclusive and use some sort of formula that decides how many regular editions they make.... This usually ends up with them warehousing a lot of statues as a lot of these take a few years to sell out...

Where as XM is just making the statues that actually got pre-ordered...

That's my understanding of it, although I could be wrong...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 09:00 AM   #864
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
What SS does is take whatever pre-orders they get for the exclusive and use some sort of formula that decides how many regular editions they make.... This usually ends up with them warehousing a lot of statues as a lot of these take a few years to sell out...

Where as XM is just making the statues that actually got pre-ordered...

That's my understanding of it, although I could be wrong...
Yeah I'm guessing Sideshow's formula on determining how many pieces to ultimately make has a lot more "spare" statues due to them just being able to store the excess statues in their warehouse. Makes you wonder how many people actually PO'd pieces like Swamp Thing when the ES for the EX is only 250 and the regular ES is 500. I imagine XM's formula allows for a lot less spares than Sideshow.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 11:22 AM   #865
MPCanes
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
Yeah I'm guessing Sideshow's formula on determining how many pieces to ultimately make has a lot more "spare" statues due to them just being able to store the excess statues in their warehouse. Makes you wonder how many people actually PO'd pieces like Swamp Thing when the ES for the EX is only 250 and the regular ES is 500. I imagine XM's formula allows for a lot less spares than Sideshow.
Yeah, that would be my understanding as well. Sideshow has a formula that basically says "Take how many orders after x time, add ~50% to the that number, and that's our edition size" while XM is "400 people ordered? Alright, Edition size is that" or a very small buffer on top of that.
Old 07-14-2018, 05:15 PM   #866
captoz
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I believe that Nightcrawler was hinted at, but I haven't heard anything about his Blue Brainy Friend.

Quicksilver HAS been made. XM has previewed him at many conventions. He looks really cool.
Thanks Demona. I thought that Quicksilver had been shelved?

Good to hear that Nightcrawler has been hinted. I didn't see that one. Awesome to hear.
captoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 12:48 AM   #867
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:

I hope XM survives as a company, they're a much needed contrast to SS. My one fear is the thing that makes them great, their willingness to do lesser known characters, will be their downfall if they don't or can't sell enough of them.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 10:35 AM   #868
MPCanes
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
I hope XM survives as a company, they're a much needed contrast to SS. My one fear is the thing that makes them great, their willingness to do lesser known characters, will be their downfall if they don't or can't sell enough of them.
Yep. They've clearly pushed SS out of their comfort zone which is a very good thing. Unfortunately I don't think you can survive as a business on Moon Knight's and Beta Ray Bills
Old 07-15-2018, 11:28 AM   #869
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
THIS. And I hope that XM continues to stick to that model in the MTO format. Maybe it will even skew them to doing some fan faves in lesser done outfits....I even enjoy and appreciate the male statues. Iron Fist needs his buddy Luke Cage (with his tiara).

Say a Savage Land Rogue and Storm. Age of Apocalypse cast (loved Jean, Rogue, Blink, Storm...even the dudes looked cool).
The released pieces that had MTO pre-orders haven't skyrocketed in price. I don't really expect this one to be any different, regardless if it's an A-list character.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 01:14 PM   #870
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Yep. They've clearly pushed SS out of their comfort zone which is a very good thing. Unfortunately I don't think you can survive as a business on Moon Knight's and Beta Ray Bills
Yes they understand this as well....in addition to also pleasing the licensor with more A characters.

XM is still a growing company that learns as it goes. As stated in the Q & A section, Bryan made mention of the ratio of A to B & C characters...which also explains why we see much less of them compared to A characters.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote