Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-11-2018, 03:32 PM   #841
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

This costume is probably the most popular with the casual X-Men fan because of one classic show. Which I know drives you purists crazy. The second rendition of her that is popular is mohawk Storm. Which probably also drives you crazy. The outfit you guys want (which I totally want too) is probably dead last.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 04:13 PM   #842
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
This costume is probably the most popular with the casual X-Men fan because of one classic show. Which I know drives you purists crazy. The second rendition of her that is popular is mohawk Storm. Which probably also drives you crazy. The outfit you guys want (which I totally want too) is probably dead last.
Oh, you're totally right about it being the most popular. I just think it's the least attractive look, plus, not only does every single company get the suit color wrong, they also fail on the Jim Lee portrait and hair.

If anyone made a statue that looked just like this, I'd buy in a heartbeat:

However, that being said, I think this statue is so damn good I had to buy regardless of costume. The pose, which is absolutely stunning from many different angles (vs. some statues where it only looks good from one specific angle), the portraits, the awesome base, the lack of cheesy fake lightning bolts (yes, that's a plus in my book) and the fact that you're basically getting two Storm statues in one - the arms and capes being different, but then the fact that the portraits are totally different, as is the hair.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 04:33 PM   #843
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismhk View Post
I may have ordered, regardless of XM price, if she is wearing the costume on the far right and the statue is well made. I hope sideshow makes this version of Storm. I have a feeling storm is not too far off.
God i hope so. I'd even pay their ridiculous mark-ups if it's a modern suit (even Mohawk) and a great portrait.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 04:47 PM   #844
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
God i hope so. I'd even pay their ridiculous mark-ups if it's a modern suit (even Mohawk) and a great portrait.
I would love to see Harbottle sculpt her. I think Storm will fit his style perfectly!
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 04:59 PM   #845
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismhk View Post
I would love to see Harbottle sculpt her. I think Storm will fit his style perfectly!
I'd love to see Harbottle do a mohawk Storm in her 80's leather jacket outfit (that way no fabric .)
Old 07-12-2018, 04:25 AM   #846
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
Even the made up Catwoman (Samurai Line) has a way higher ES of 900 versus Scorpion, Storm, and Moon Knight. It's also more expensive with a retail price of 1200 SGD. What's crazy is you would have to combine the ES for all 3 pieces (Scorpion, Storm, and Moon Knight) in order to beat the ES of the Catwoman. Guess that's why some companies tend to stick with what is more popular/safe sometimes.
That's not comparing apples to apples though. The Samurai Catwoman is a global license and can be bought from places like BBTS, the access to this Storm and the others you mentioned is somewhat limited.

I just hope that XM is willing to continue to produce characters that sell around the 250-300 ES range and not turn into another Sideshow.

It's the less popular characters that really get me excited.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 09:27 AM   #847
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

This did not deserve only a 420 ES, dam shame
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 09:48 AM   #848
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
That's not comparing apples to apples though. The Samurai Catwoman is a global license and can be bought from places like BBTS, the access to this Storm and the others you mentioned is somewhat limited.

I just hope that XM is willing to continue to produce characters that sell around the 250-300 ES range and not turn into another Sideshow.

Personally, I want to see more Transformers get made. I know a Grimlock is in the works but I'd love for the numbers to be enough that the line continues. I need my Sludge, Slag, Snarl, and Swoop!
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:22 AM   #849
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post

THIS. And I hope that XM continues to stick to that model in the MTO format. Maybe it will even skew them to doing some fan faves in lesser done outfits....I even enjoy and appreciate the male statues. Iron Fist needs his buddy Luke Cage (with his tiara).

Say a Savage Land Rogue and Storm. Age of Apocalypse cast (loved Jean, Rogue, Blink, Storm...even the dudes looked cool).
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:23 AM   #850
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Loki needs to be made. I'd take a Hela too.