Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 07-27-2017, 04:42 AM   #451
Adon
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Talking

Also to note, Sagat has whiter and a more streamlined straighter teeth that me. Lol

Who is his dentist? His dental hygiene is off the charts!

Last edited by Adon; 07-27-2017 at 04:42 AM. Reason: Spelling
Adon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 04:50 AM   #452
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adon View Post
Cannot be disputed.
I'm disputing it. The grimmace face is more popular on Sagat with Alpha shorts. Calm face is more popular on Sagat with IV outfit. Anybody else with an account dating back the Sagat's initial release will say the same..
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 07:15 AM   #453
Adon
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
I'm disputing it. The grimmace face is more popular on Sagat with Alpha shorts. Calm face is more popular on Sagat with IV outfit. Anybody else with an account dating back the Sagat's initial release will say the same..
Cool that is news to me. These days I rarely see anyone, be it an eBay ad or showing off their latest purchase or YouTube review showing the grimace face when talking about it. They always prefer the calm face.

Anyhow that's just my observation. I am a new collector.

This face more popular?

I prefer the calm face.
Adon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 10:11 AM   #454
SONICobra
Batman

grimace portrait for the win
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 10:49 AM   #455
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adon View Post

This face more popular?

I prefer the calm face.
This face is way more popular

Who the ---- reviews a piece and doesn't show switch outs? How can you even call that a review? :P

Also there are only 3 SS EX statues on ebay right now, the main picture for all of them show the grimace face. And there is one reg that comes with both faces that it showed the calm face in his pictures, however the fact that he went out of his way and paid more to get the EX face with the regular speaks volumes in the first place. The PCS EX did not come with the grimace face so it will pretty much always have the calm face.

Edit: just looked at completed listings and every single one of those are too except for one using a stock photo :| The image you are using previously of the "custom painted' (they just glossed it) doesn't show the grimace face because it only comes with the one head, the regular head.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 04:21 PM   #456
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Yeah, the grimace is much more popular.

In the last few years, the only person I've ever seen post that they liked the frown instead of the grimace...is me.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 04:54 PM   #457
Drakull
Sailor Moon

Don't dispute people I got the solution, calm face for 1/4 and buy the 1/3 with grimace face
Drakull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 05:02 PM   #458
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

i hope Jerry will do 2 faces and break his rule for switchout portraits for the the 1/3 as 1/4 seam was well hidden.

as far as what is more popular hard to say calm is on regular thats default with higher edition size. ex limited and comes with switchout heads lower edition size. cant really compare them. one is default and one is so limited.

if there was no exclusive, same edition size and it came default with 2 heads then you would be able to get a better feel on what is popular among the community.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 05:09 PM   #459
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

Adon, let me set it straight on Sagat 1/4 since you are new.

3 version.

Regular:
Red/Blue shorts
1 calm portrait
Was available through major retailers such as sideshow, bbts, secret compass etc

Sideshow Exclusive:
Yellow/Blue shorts
2 portraits, 1 calm 1 grimace
Available ONLY through Sideshow collectibles

PCS Exclusive:
1 calm portrait
SFIV Alternative outfit
Available ONLY through PCS Email Lottery

PopCultureShock did not sell through their own website when Sagat was put up for order, they used Sideshow and other retailers and Sideshow would always get their own exclusive version ONLY available through them to drive sales of course.

PCS would also do the email lottery, which was usually a 3rd version in an alternate color or costume that was only available via emailing Jerry at a certain time and the first people who emailed would be who got the statue (Sagat sf4 pants, chun li black, mk reptile 1/4 etc, alex etc were all done this way).

The Alpha Sagat (grimacing face version) is the single most popular and sought after version. The 2nd portrait is IMMACULATE and the best part of the statue.

The PCS Exclusive (yoga pants) is very sought after as well mostly because of the ES. BUT..... customs have been made for the mixed media pants and one can easily convert their regular blue/;red shorts to a SFIV outfit, whereas one CANNOT convert their regular into an ALPHA because the only version that comes with the 2nd portrait is the sideshow exclusive, making it the most sought after version.

HAving had all 3 at one point at the same time, the sideshow exclusive (alpha, grimacing portrait) is the one to have. If I ever bought Sagat again that would be the version I'd pony up the extra aftermarket cash for, easily the best.
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 05:32 PM   #460
dao2
Cyclops

I wouldn't say the ss ex is the most sought after, I think the alt costume sells for more due to it's very low es.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote