Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 12-17-2018, 11:14 AM   #351
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesixth View Post
Totally confused between this one and the XM WW. Guess a video review would help in pulling the trigger
Food for thought. Are you planning on getting it as a stand alone piece? Or, are you getting a line? They're both great lines and I'm sure we'll see dozens of characters in them.

However, there are some big differences, first one being the price difference. The TH pieces are all between $225-275 while the XM ones are around $450-499. So, if you're planning a line of a bunch of characters, expect to pay a lot more over the course of time if you go XM.

Another factor is whether you're more into classic or more realistic modern. The TH pieces are totally classic designs and very comic-y while the XM pieces are Rebirth inspired and more intricate.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 12:04 PM   #352
built2shred
Phoenix

Like Northern said, Tweeterhead is more 80's comic book like where XM is more modern & realistic looking with a lot more details to the statue and the base.. but that comes at a price as XM's cost roughly $100-$150 more per statue..

Keep in mind that XM are made to order with a 1200 Edition Size cap but if only 500 people order one then 500 becomes the Edition Size of that particular statue.... With Tweeterhead their Exclusive statue is made to order but as far as I know their regular version has no edition size....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 11:01 PM   #353
Karnis
Blue Falcon

WW has shipped from SS and will be here next Monday!
Karnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 11:34 PM   #354
onesixth
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Food for thought. Are you planning on getting it as a stand alone piece? Or, are you getting a line? They're both great lines and I'm sure we'll see dozens of characters in them.

However, there are some big differences, first one being the price difference. The TH pieces are all between $225-275 while the XM ones are around $450-499. So, if you're planning a line of a bunch of characters, expect to pay a lot more over the course of time if you go XM.

Another factor is whether you're more into classic or more realistic modern. The TH pieces are totally classic designs and very comic-y while the XM pieces are Rebirth inspired and more intricate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Like Northern said, Tweeterhead is more 80's comic book like where XM is more modern & realistic looking with a lot more details to the statue and the base.. but that comes at a price as XM's cost roughly $100-$150 more per statue..

Keep in mind that XM are made to order with a 1200 Edition Size cap but if only 500 people order one then 500 becomes the Edition Size of that particular statue.... With Tweeterhead their Exclusive statue is made to order but as far as I know their regular version has no edition size....
Thank you. This should help me in deciding between these two lines
onesixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 12:50 AM   #355
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post

They've stated in their live videos that the EX will never be more than 250 because they wanted to keep the EX's collectible. The regulars didn't have a number on the bottom of the base, but did on the box. And they confirmed that (I believe) starting with Starfire, they will all be numbered on the bases too.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 09:50 PM   #356
Lavario007
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnis View Post
WW has shipped from SS and will be here next Monday!
Very nice! I have my final payment for WW, Donna Troy and the new Sideshow Superman PF on January 5th, I can't wait :
Lavario007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 10:13 PM   #357
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

The edition size of the regular is 769
Old 12-18-2018, 10:27 PM   #358
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
The edition size of the regular is 769
750?

More.

800?

Less.

769?

Nice.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 10:38 PM   #359
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
750?

More.

800?

Less.

769?

Nice.
That's what's on the side of my box.
Old 12-19-2018, 12:12 AM   #360
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
That's what's on the side of my box.
I wasn't doubting it or you.

That was intended to be a reference for comedic effect.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote