Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-27-2019, 10:00 PM   #3951
Verdun
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoReasonCowboy View Post
So my waitlist converted on the Ex last night, but when I went to buy I received a message saying that the item couldn’t be purchased. I spoke with Sideshow, and was told that the reason I was having trouble was that the item had already been sold. The rep indicated that they have a new waitlist process, whereby Sideshow will send a conversion offer for a single item to multiple people on a first-come-first-served basis. If you click through first, item is yours. If you aren’t the first to purchase, however, they put you back on the waitlist at the very bottom.

I've bought a few items off of the waitlist over the years, and hadn't seen this before. Perhaps this has already been raised / is now common knowledge here, but I thought it might be worth sharing for the benefit of others waiting for a conversion-- act immediately, or effectively be taken off the list.
I must have been one of those people, and same thing here, can't complete purchase.
Serious disappointment, also can't get back on the waitlist.
Verdun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 02:48 AM   #3952
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

That is a rather unfunny change, since we get the emails in the mid of the night here in the EU, so if we really want something we are out.
Chris
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 02:48 AM   #3953
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

That is a rather unfunny change, since we get the emails in the mid of the night here in the EU, so if we really want something we are out.
Chris
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 06:55 PM   #3954
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoReasonCowboy View Post
So my waitlist converted on the Ex last night, but when I went to buy I received a message saying that the item couldn’t be purchased. I spoke with Sideshow, and was told that the reason I was having trouble was that the item had already been sold. The rep indicated that they have a new waitlist process, whereby Sideshow will send a conversion offer for a single item to multiple people on a first-come-first-served basis. If you click through first, item is yours. If you aren’t the first to purchase, however, they put you back on the waitlist at the very bottom.

I've bought a few items off of the waitlist over the years, and hadn't seen this before. Perhaps this has already been raised / is now common knowledge here, but I thought it might be worth sharing for the benefit of others waiting for a conversion-- act immediately, or effectively be taken off the list.
This just happened to me with the f4f varia samus. I was on the waitlist from ss, it converted and i had until tonight midnight to purchase it. Just went to go purchase now and it says I no longer can.
IzeroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 07:02 PM   #3955
D-ten

And as usual, Sideshow with there renowned transparency and communication skills say ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about it. No announcement, no email on the changes. Nothing. Sure they can post dozens of YouTube videos of innane, self aggrandising discussion every month but then we have to find out about this on a message board by someone who got shafted and contacted customer service to ask themselves.

This hobby is seriously getting out of control with its complete lack of enjoyability. There is constant pressure to not miss out on things as someone said. All for a room full of statues that I personally scarcely have time to look at. Think I'm one more hit from selling up and getting out.
D-ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 07:05 PM   #3956
D-ten

Quote:
Originally Posted by equi-nox76 View Post
Chris
And yes I agree with this point - it's tantamount to discrimination. For once I think I'm going to email them to complain.
D-ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 08:00 PM   #3957
NoReasonCowboy
Doh!

An update to my earlier post.

I spoke with someone else who confirmed that they did change their waitlist policy as of about a month ago. Under the current policy, they will send out a conversion notice to multiple people when an item becomes available. First come, first served. The number of people that receive the notice for an item appears to be variable.

If you aren’t able to purchase the item, you are put back on the waitlist. I was told, however, that waitlists are not strictly sequential. In other words, you aren’t assigned a static place in line (e.g., 50th person in line out of a list of 100) that you have to work through before your number is called, and so you’re not necessarily being put at the “bottom” of the list. Unfortunately, the reps have limited visibility and weren’t able to provide additional detail on the waitlist mechanics, so I’m not really sure how the list functions. Maybe they’re using some sort of weighted pooling system or something.

No idea what it all truly really means in terms of your chances on the waitlist— either before you receive a conversion notice or after being added back. At the very least, it sounds like being added back after failure to convert isn’t exactly a death knell?

It’s helpful to know this is the policy now, but it doesn’t strike me as ideal.
NoReasonCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 08:51 PM   #3958
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Guys in socal have a better chance than many others off the bat simply because of time zone one of the perks of living in socal.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 08:20 AM   #3959
BurningRage
Inhumans

Seems more like a way to get people to order sooner instead of waiting to get on the wait list day one.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 10:38 AM   #3960
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by equi-nox76 View Post
Chris
Literally, you snooze you lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ten View Post
And yes I agree with this point - it's tantamount to discrimination. For once I think I'm going to email them to complain.
You're just going to waste your time and breath.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote