Old 11-29-2017, 08:59 AM   #92
travis
A.I.M.

Damnit I want this piece...and 6 others too lol
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 04:19 PM   #93
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Looks like my War Troll has the same issue as others in that it won’t fit flush on the base, namely the forward (left) foot. I measured the length of the metal pin and compared that to the depth of the hole in the base (using a toothpick and a black marker) and found the metal pin to be significantly longer than the hole in the base. Clearly, this statue wasn’t inspected before being shipped. On a positive note, at least I’ll be getting a full refund.
Malvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 05:13 PM   #94
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvo View Post
Looks like my War Troll has the same issue as others in that it won’t fit flush on the base, namely the forward (left) foot. I measured the length of the metal pin and compared that to the depth of the hole in the base (using a toothpick and a black marker) and found the metal pin to be significantly longer than the hole in the base. Clearly, this statue wasn’t inspected before being shipped. On a positive note, at least I’ll be getting a full refund.
Wow! Just unreal something so simple wasn't rectified before sending these out. I came to the exact same conclusion with mine.

Mine is going back for a refund as well. Interesting development in all of that however as I'd been talking with Anthony and he stated I'd be contacted by the US warehouse re: return shipping. That was the day of the BF sale launching however so he said it may take a little while. Fast forward to Monday, patiently waiting but still no email from the warehouse. Then I get what looked like an automated response from Weta saying because I hadn't responded in 5 days my case was being closed. WTF?!? Emailed Anthony about it and have yet to hear back.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 05:43 PM   #95
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Wow! Just unreal something so simple wasn't rectified before sending these out. I came to the exact same conclusion with mine.

Mine is going back for a refund as well. Interesting development in all of that however as I'd been talking with Anthony and he stated I'd be contacted by the US warehouse re: return shipping. That was the day of the BF sale launching however so he said it may take a little while. Fast forward to Monday, patiently waiting but still no email from the warehouse. Then I get what looked like an automated response from Weta saying because I hadn't responded in 5 days my case was being closed. WTF?!? Emailed Anthony about it and have yet to hear back.
I’m sure Anthony will take care of you, he’s probably swamped at the moment as I believe he is the entire CS Dept.

As for the pin issue there’s really no excuse for that. There’s a large thick groove in the pin that I believe is supposed to line up with bottom of the rectangular polystone peg underneath the foot. It extends well beyond the bottom of the polystone peg so there’s no way the troll was ever going to fit properly.

On another note, I’m not sure how the base of yours turned out but I couldn’t help but notice as I packed mine up for it’s return voyage that outside of a bit of red on Dain’s helm, the entire base is black. The helms, shield, spear shaft, mud, you name it.......everything was painted the same color, black. I love Weta but honestly, where the paint app’s on this statue are concerned, they mailed this one in. This kind of quality is bad enough on a mid-range priced statue. On a 1K statue it’s mind-boggling.
Old 12-02-2017, 11:11 AM   #96
travis
A.I.M.

And ordered.......also happy to see $150 Weta dollars added to my Weta account ...hoping for a well seated version...paint too, but as I've discussed that earlier, can fix that problem rather easily if it arises
Old 12-02-2017, 04:38 PM   #97
goto
Mephisto

Good choice
Gratulations!
goto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 05:49 PM   #98
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis View Post
And ordered.......also happy to see $150 Weta dollars added to my Weta account ...hoping for a well seated version...paint too, but as I've discussed that earlier, can fix that problem rather easily if it arises
You'll have to post pics after you repaint yours.
Old 12-02-2017, 05:52 PM   #99
travis
A.I.M.

He will be displayed with that beautiful helmet on
Old 12-02-2017, 06:44 PM   #100
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis View Post
He will be displayed with that beautiful helmet on
The helmet is nice but I'm going to wager you'll opt to display him without it once you see him in person and try both looks. The coolest aspect of the piece is the facial detail IMO. Plus the helmet comes with a stand so you can put that next to him if you like.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote