Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 01-28-2018, 11:27 AM   #31
pavehawk78
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
A Jokerized Batman has been previewed.

I’d buy a whole line of Uminga statues but a classic Joker would be amazing.
pavehawk78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 11:41 AM   #32
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I don't own a Harley or Joker, but combine them...

...you'd have my attention.
Almost like Duela Dent:
ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 07:25 PM   #33
starsapphire
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

my most anticipated statue of 2018 is the non existent star sapphire cover girl that the thought to make will never even fleet across the dc collectibles execs minds
starsapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 10:01 PM   #34
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsapphire View Post
my most anticipated statue of 2018 is the non existent star sapphire cover girl that the thought to make will never even fleet across the dc collectibles execs minds
All of us that have a favorite that isn't an A Lister knows the frustration. I'd love to see her get added to several DC lines.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 03:44 PM   #35
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Looking ahead was curious what people are excited about in 2018. Obviously can add as new ones are announced.

Mine

1. Iron Studios - Power Girl - I don't know what it looks like yet, but she was announced as part of 4th series recently and I cannot wait to see it.

2. Kotobukiya - Supergirl - This one really nails the character for me and rare instance I am thrilled they revisited a character in a line.

3. Tweeterhead - Big Barda - Not shown yet, but announced as part of their line. This is mainly because I've wanted a Big Barda and yet DC Heroine lines I enjoy seem to skip her over.

4. Yamato - Wonder Woman PVC - A resin version already exists, but now for half the price a PVC one will be coming out and looks great.

5. Kotobukiya - Mera - Not seen either, but I love this line and have yet to be disappointed so I'm excited to add her to my collection.

6. Gotham City Garage - Supergirl - While Wonder Woman GCG was too expensive, Supergirl is coming in at lower entry point and looks great.

7. DC Core - Batgirl - This one came out of the blue and has be interested with good looking statue at a possible Bargain price, we shall see.

8. DC Bombshells - Jessica Cruz - Another great current line I've enjoyed and this one looks excellent with the police officer theme.

9. Hot Toys - Wonder Woman - This could be my first attempt at the more doll with real hair as opposed to statue with modeled hair. On the fence a bit, but it looks great so hard to ignore.

10. Gotham City Garage - Batgirl - I'l be honest, I have this pre-ordered because the price seemed impossible so I'm expecting it to be canceled and priced much higher, if not though amazing buy.

11. Yamato - Zatanna - Will see how this one turns out as looking at it or Sideshow to add to Zatannas. Also not sure if this will go resin and then PVC route Wonder Woman did.

Plenty more I could mention, I've been looking out for a large Wonder Woman and Sideshow, Prime 1, and Tweeterhead all have options, but it's hard for me to choose.

How about you, what are you looking forward to in 2018?
Update!

I have #2 and #8 now on this list and thrilled with how they turned out. #10 sadly seems to be a casualty of change in design and price so won't be happening anytime soon.

Added ones would be Tweeterhead who have seduced me with their line's Wonder Woman and Donna Troy.

Old 04-13-2018, 04:05 PM   #36
Gothamite
Phoenix

Yeah, Ent Earth handled the GCG Batgirl situation really badly. Smaller base ==> higher price? Wtf?

I'm surprised that Red Hood got a Designer Series statue before Nightwing, but I'll take a chance on it. Hopefully, it won't lean or break!!!

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 05:04 PM   #37
Augen
Metal Men

As the year comes to a close I have to say been an amazing year for me in regards to statues. Big ones like Power Girl Iron Studios and Big Barda Tweeterhead were always likely to be 2019/2020 so that's on me.

I'd give it a 9/10* and happy with the state of the hobby. Coming years look equally strong.

*I need a PG to get a perfect score
Old 11-15-2018, 05:10 PM   #38
ukshaun
Hercules

From this precise moment in time (9:09pm 15 Nov 2018)

PCS - Mileena 1/3 scale

ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote