Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches > Art Stories

Old 11-03-2009, 09:54 PM   #31
aric
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I got a piece from Rags, but I went through his agent. My experience was fine. Incidentally, I like the Batman he did for you. It is very interesting how different it is from the one he did for me.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:19 AM   #32
DarthBodwell
Frackin!

slightly off topic, but, that sucks you had such a hard time getting a piece from him, after what I gather is a pre-paid venture.. sorry for the noob question but is that always common practice for sketches, even ones that take 12+ months? I'm a tattoo artist and I make my living on what you could consider "commission pieces" but I get paid afterwards!!! lol maybe these comic guys get a little pampered??
Anyways, my response comes becuase i knew Rags when I was but a wee lad of 12-13 and he used to give me drawing tips and sign a ton of books for me. Really a nice gesture at that age and i've always thought of him as a stand up dude.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:43 PM   #33
Bishop40
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

after 2 yrs i finally got both my pieces in the mail today from spencer, i'll post pics of them when i get a chance they really came out great. Now i can finally give my buddy his birthday present 2 yrs later.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:27 PM   #34
The Batfan
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop40 View Post
after 2 yrs i finally got both my pieces in the mail today from spencer, i'll post pics of them when i get a chance they really came out great. Now i can finally give my buddy his birthday present 2 yrs later.
glad you finally got BOTH of yours I gave up on worrying about getting the Robin I paid for