Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 01-26-2018, 11:46 PM   #21
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
True, but I’m trying to do the best apples to apples comparison I can think of and basing my comparison off the assumption most Weta collectors are Gold and get the max discount.

As far as earning dollars on top of Weta Dollars go... no company offers that kind of thing when you’re redeeming points/coupons etc. You always lose that percentage in those cases.
I HIGHLY doubt that most collectors are gold after they raised their thresholds a while ago. It thinks that's what $2K a year now.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 02:43 AM   #22
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
I HIGHLY doubt that most collectors are gold after they raised their thresholds a while ago. It thinks that's what $2K a year now.
I dunno, that’s roughly 3-5 statues a year depending on what you’re buying. Most Weta collectors I see posting seem to average around that since the company has started cranking out a high number of pieces. Heck, it’s easy to drop 1k during their Black Friday sale alone. I know I have over the past few years.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 06:14 AM   #23
DarkShadow
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I dunno, that’s roughly 3-5 statues a year depending on what you’re buying. Most Weta collectors I see posting seem to average around that since the company has started cranking out a high number of pieces. Heck, it’s easy to drop 1k during their Black Friday sale alone. I know I have over the past few years.
2000$ is at the moment about 1600 euro's. I currently have 2 statue's on pre-order (Thranduil on elk and Isildur), that's already nearly 1300 euro's for me. So yeah, it's quite easy to get there at the moment with these prices.
DarkShadow is offline   Reply With Quote