Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 02-21-2018, 08:45 PM   #751
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I agree with everything you said. I feel the same with all points.

BvS, the only good part was Wonder Woman. I wish I had the editing chops and I would cut the movie to only scenes with Diana/WW and the fight scenes at the end.
I was thinking about this again and didn't want to gut the movie to the point where it was just a highlight reel of Gal Gadot.

I went ahead and made my own cut of the movie. I gutted the subplots involving Lois Lane's trip to Africa, the US government doubting Superman's intentions, and the Wayne Corp employee who was injured during the Superman vs Zod fight. I got rid of most of the first half hour and trimmed scenes involving Perry White shouting at or looking for Clark. I also trimmed the talking heads TV interviews that Zack Snyder sprinkled throughout the movie. My version is less than two hours and gets to the point a lot faster.

My version plays as follows:
1) Batman is investigating Lex Luthor's suspicious activities.
2) Superman/Clark Kent is investigating Batman's violent vigilantism.
3) Batman decides to challenge Superman only after Superman prevents him from stopping Luthor's weapons trafficking.

This makes all the events a lot more personal to each character and gives their actions immediate motivation rather than some vague mumbo jumbo about Superman's god-like relationship to the rest of the world.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 05:02 PM   #752
Gothamite
Phoenix

Joss Whedon has left the building. Phew!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-movie-1087384
Old 02-22-2018, 05:48 PM   #753
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Good riddance.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 11:24 AM   #754
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Made the mistake of sitting down to watch this last night.

It's just a complete mess. As a big fan of Man of Steel and the Extended BVS cut, I was hoping against hope that Whedon's involvement wouldn't make the film a convoluted murk of films.

Batman and Wonder Woman are just totally different characters, the seeds that were planted in BVS make absolutely no sense now, Flash and Aquaman were ok, but nowhere near fleshed out enough - although the scene with Mera was laughably exposition-heavy. Cyborg was a gloomy narrator, a literal Deus Ex Machina. And don't get me started on Steppenwolf, what the hell made them think they had a good record with CGI villains at this point...?

Gutted.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 12:36 PM   #755
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
I was thinking about this again and didn't want to gut the movie to the point where it was just a highlight reel of Gal Gadot.

I went ahead and made my own cut of the movie. I gutted the subplots involving Lois Lane's trip to Africa, the US government doubting Superman's intentions, and the Wayne Corp employee who was injured during the Superman vs Zod fight. I got rid of most of the first half hour and trimmed scenes involving Perry White shouting at or looking for Clark. I also trimmed the talking heads TV interviews that Zack Snyder sprinkled throughout the movie. My version is less than two hours and gets to the point a lot faster.

My version plays as follows:
1) Batman is investigating Lex Luthor's suspicious activities.
2) Superman/Clark Kent is investigating Batman's violent vigilantism.
3) Batman decides to challenge Superman only after Superman prevents him from stopping Luthor's weapons trafficking.

This makes all the events a lot more personal to each character and gives their actions immediate motivation rather than some vague mumbo jumbo about Superman's god-like relationship to the rest of the world.
I would love to see your version
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 12:48 PM   #756
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
Made the mistake of sitting down to watch this last night.

It's just a complete mess. As a big fan of Man of Steel and the Extended BVS cut, I was hoping against hope that Whedon's involvement wouldn't make the film a convoluted murk of films.

Batman and Wonder Woman are just totally different characters, the seeds that were planted in BVS make absolutely no sense now, Flash and Aquaman were ok, but nowhere near fleshed out enough - although the scene with Mera was laughably exposition-heavy. Cyborg was a gloomy narrator, a literal Deus Ex Machina. And don't get me started on Steppenwolf, what the hell made them think they had a good record with CGI villains at this point...?

Gutted.
As usual your feelings echo my own. I almost can’t bring myself to watch it again.

Say what you will about Snyder but the fact that he had the rug essentially pulled out from under him at the last minute is disappointing to say the least. Why he wasn’t allowed to complete what he’d built over 2 films is maddening on so many levels.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 01:06 PM   #757
Mister H
Green Goblin

At first I was disappointed that GL (Hal) wasn’t in it. Now I’m glad he wasn’t.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 09:24 PM   #758
Gothamite
Phoenix

Some new deleted/behind-the-scenes photos:

https://batman-news.com/2018/03/22/o...ague-released/

I really like this one of Gal Gadot and the schoolchildren from the beginning of the movie.

Old 04-10-2018, 02:23 PM   #759
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I actually quite enjoyed JL for what it was but that's probably also because I've not been a fan of much that D.C. has been putting out. I liked WW and MoS but that was it! So this was a step up from most.

Compare to other D.C. movies JL was an 8/10 but compared to the Marvel offerings it would be a 5/10 though.

I did have a problem with Stepenwolf's CG though. It was fairly atrocious! Seriously aren't they loaded with cash? Can't they make more convining computer villains? Also some of the plot was meh.

So all in all, I found it above average for the D.C. movies.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 02:42 PM   #760
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Some new deleted/behind-the-scenes photos:

https://batman-news.com/2018/03/22/o...ague-released/

I really like this one of Gal Gadot and the schoolchildren from the beginning of the movie.

Had that great part and gave me a reason to see Aquaman.

Augen is offline   Reply With Quote