Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-19-2016, 03:28 PM   #11
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I'm cautiously optimistic about this one.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 06:06 PM   #12
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Man, I could see this one going either way. Cautiously optimistic as well though.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 10:30 AM   #13
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

danedehaan: " Kickin off a big day at #SDCC2016 with this new image of me in @ ValerianMovie! See you in #HallH at 1PM!! #Valerian "

Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 04:42 PM   #14
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

SDCC Panel

devincf: Luc Besson takes the Hall H stage for the first time ever. Says he fell in love with VALERIAN at age 10.

devincf: AVATAR forced Besson to scrap his original script for VALERIAN.

empiremagazine: Besson retooled his sci-fi epic, and James Cameron ended up dropping by the set. #SDCC2016

devincf: Besson gets the Inkpot Award from SDCC, probably for ANGEL-A in particular.

devincf: Besson leaves the Inkpot on the podium and says he'll only take it home if the audience thinks he deserves it after we see VALERIAN footage.

devincf: VALERIAN concept art for planet of Alpha is nuts, hard scifi stuff. Intricate, lovely. Some BLADE RUNNER influence.

devincf: Now alien concept art. A dozen species at least. They're really cool! I hope they release this stuff - it's hard to describe.

briantruitt: Virginie Besson-Silla showing off some Valerian artwork. Movie takes place in 2700. Liquid and gas lands in Alpha concept stuff. #sdcc

empiremagazine: Valerian is set in the year 2700 and largely takes place on the mega-planet Alpha. It teems with weird and wonderful aliens. #SDCC2016

devincf: Weird panel: I have no idea what the movie is about but this extensive alien/spaceship concept art makes me want to buy an art book.

devincf: Besson is showing pictures from his recent vacation including his butt and his crashed boat.

empiremagazine: Luc Besson is now showing a slideshow of photos from his recent holiday, including close-ups of his foot and bottom. Help! #SDCC2016

devincf: VALERIAN footage: Dane DeHaan is doing a Keanu voice. FX is iffy (and unfinished) but visual imagination is AWESOME.

GermainLussier: Just saw 4 scenes from Luc Besson's 2017 scifi film Valerian. It looks insanely epic and fun. Fifth Element to the fifth power. #comiccon

devincf: In one sequence Valerian jumps off a platform and has a gun that creates little energy platforms for him to run across the void.

devincf: Cara Delevingne is awesome. She is funny and cool and hot. Rihanna shows up dressed as Sally Bowles.

devincf: The tone of VALERIAN seems to be classic adventure with exceptional design. Went from 0 interest to must-see after watching that footage.

empiremagazine: Just got treated to a chunk of Valerian footage. Featured robots, Hawaiian shirts, monkey/elephant aliens and Rihanna. Very Fifth Element-y.

JhovaniEstrada: Luc Besson receives a standing ovation after #Valerian first look is shown. *Mind Blown*

briantruitt: More than 200 alien species in Valerian. #sdcc

devincf: Besson just revealed FIFTH ELEMENT's Leeloo's full name but I couldn't possibly write it down. It's very long.

devincf: VALERIAN is set over a 24 hour period.

Old 10-06-2016, 09:58 AM   #15
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Teaser Poster

Old 11-10-2016, 11:16 AM   #16
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Official Teaser Trailer - YouTube

I am on board to take this magnificent ride.
Old 11-10-2016, 11:38 AM   #17
Luminous
Cyclops

Looks great!
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 02:26 PM   #18
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Visually that looks pretty damn amazing. Fingers crossed its compelling narratively as well. I admittedly know nothing of the material it's based on.

Honestly though I'm not sure I like the decision to use a Beatles track in the trailer. Just doesn't fit IMO and smacks of playing off the success of GOTG and its use of classic 70's tunes. I'd rather see it mixed with Alexandre Desplat's original score.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 04:02 PM   #19
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Wow!!! That looks fantastic! I am a big Beatles fan so I liked the use of the song to set the tone, but I prefer they keep it to the trailer and not really use it in the film. Although why would they spend money on the track if they weren't going to use it in the film.

Regardless, this looks amazing, hope it turns out to be as great film as it looks.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 10:14 AM   #20
Python
Omega Red

This is looking pretty promising...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZJ0hcfAbYs
Python is offline   Reply With Quote