Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-18-2019, 11:45 PM   #11
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
I think that’s worst case scenario. Fact is that nobody really knows what’s going on right now.
Exactly, lets just wait and see.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 11:48 PM   #12
Iron Fist 14
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameivom View Post
I don't know how long you have been a collector but it isn't exactly common for any distributor in this business to offer replacement parts for a statue that they don't manufacture. It is up to the manufacturer, if they have or will offer replacement parts. If Sideshow is offering a full refund for return what more do you want?
It is common practice. SSC, Secret Compass, and Specfic all work on your behalf to get you replacement parts for the statues they sell.
Iron Fist 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 01:14 AM   #13
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
I wonder if Sideshow will cancel all Prime 1 preorders at some point and refund everyone’s money.
Sideshow are still getting the prime 1 studios Alien 3 Dog Alien, so it appears sideshow are still get items that have been pre ordered from prime 1 studios....
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 01:17 AM   #14
BIGxBOSSx
Doh!

I just posted this in the other topic but, I was just on Prime 1 page and looking at pre-ordering a Berserk statue. I had just ordered 3 over the last few weeks. BUT while looking now I noticed they are now offering 2 shipping options to USA. Ex:

Optimized US Shipping - $174.00
*Expected Delivery Time: 1-3 months
*The total purchase amount with the shipping fees does include the customs duties.
*In some cases, these customs duties, taxes and others levies if applicable may be charged by your country's customs authority and collected by the carrier.
*It is your responsibility to inquire the amount of duties you will owe prior to your shipment.

Standard Shipping - $291.00
*Expected Delivery Time: 1-3 weeks
*The total purchase amount with shipping fees doesn't include customs duties, sales taxes or the other levies if applicable.
*In some cases, these customs duties, taxes and others levies if applicable require to be charged by your country's customs authority and collected by the carrier.
*It is your responsibility to inquire the amount of duties and taxes you will owe prior to your shipment.

Haven't seen this before. Wanted to get the word out. Optimzed will save you a lot but 1-3 months shipping? Interesting trade off.
What's your thoughts? Do you think this has anything to do with the US warehouse?
BIGxBOSSx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 01:20 AM   #15
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGxBOSSx View Post
I just posted this in the other topic but, I was just on Prime 1 page and looking at pre-ordering a Berserk statue. I had just ordered 3 over the last few weeks. BUT while looking now I noticed they are now offering 2 shipping options to USA. Ex:

Optimized US Shipping - $174.00
*Expected Delivery Time: 1-3 months
*The total purchase amount with the shipping fees does include the customs duties.
*In some cases, these customs duties, taxes and others levies if applicable may be charged by your country's customs authority and collected by the carrier.
*It is your responsibility to inquire the amount of duties you will owe prior to your shipment.

Standard Shipping - $291.00
*Expected Delivery Time: 1-3 weeks
*The total purchase amount with shipping fees doesn't include customs duties, sales taxes or the other levies if applicable.
*In some cases, these customs duties, taxes and others levies if applicable require to be charged by your country's customs authority and collected by the carrier.
*It is your responsibility to inquire the amount of duties and taxes you will owe prior to your shipment.

Haven't seen this before. Wanted to get the word out. Optimzed will save you a lot but 1-3 months shipping? Interesting trade off.
What's your thoughts? Do you think this has anything to do with the US warehouse?
If nothing else they can have a logistics company freight forward a bunch of their statues at once and have UPS/whoever deliver the last leg. It's a good tradeoff.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 01:36 AM   #16
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
If nothing else they can have a logistics company freight forward a bunch of their statues at once and have UPS/whoever deliver the last leg. It's a good tradeoff.
That could be the reason why the large ETA window (2 month difference).
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 01:40 AM   #17
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparda View Post
Haven't seen a thread on the following evolution yet so I thought informing the members here.

As of a couple of days ago, SSC is no longer providing replacement parts for P1 pieces, be them just released or a couple of months old. Furthermore, the partial refunds have been reduced to 20-50$. A friend of mine had 2 of the 3 spikes on one of Hush Batman's gloves broken off and could choose between sending the piece back and 20$.

A collector reached out to P1, hoping they would help him out directly, but they basically told him to sodd of if he hadn't bought directly.

As such a new low in the SSC-P1 debacle has been reached, now also screwing over collectors who just want to enjoy their pieces...
Yesterday I read on the Facebook group that another collector had got in contact with Prime 1, and that they were going to contact Sideshow about what was going on.

But in either case, that’s the usual response anyway. Sideshow themselves will tell you to go through the reseller if you didn’t purchase directly through them. Oddly enough I did notice in the replacement query form they do ask you to confirm where you bought the piece from.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 01:50 AM   #18
mars
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparda View Post
Haven't seen a thread on the following evolution yet so I thought informing the members here.

As of a couple of days ago, SSC is no longer providing replacement parts for P1 pieces, be them just released or a couple of months old. Furthermore, the partial refunds have been reduced to 20-50$. A friend of mine had 2 of the 3 spikes on one of Hush Batman's gloves broken off and could choose between sending the piece back and 20$.

A collector reached out to P1, hoping they would help him out directly, but they basically told him to sodd of if he hadn't bought directly.

As such a new low in the SSC-P1 debacle has been reached, now also screwing over collectors who just want to enjoy their pieces...
So is this true or just a rumour, if it's just a rumour well then what I'm saying below is not really of any importance but if it's going to become fact and Sideshow are not going honour their existing P1 orders that customers have placed with them... as far as I'm concerned Sideshow can go and stick it! I've been loyal to them all this time but if they're not going to be loyal to their customers it just goes to show they don't really care! And what compounds this and makes it worse is that also locally here Popcultcha get their P1 from Sideshow so it's going to impact not just in America but across the world. As Popcultcha has no longer being putting P1 stuff up as well since this began.

Plus I commented about the direction Sideshow is going, in other words DOWN more than a year ago and I was given a violin Image from a forum member here who happens to be also a moderator implying that he's heard it so many times and it's just a load of BS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
I wonder if Sideshow will cancel all Prime 1 preorders at some point and refund everyone’s money.
If that's the case and if SS do that, and I hope it doesn't come to that but if so Prime 1 should have the decency to pick up the customers that Sideshow has shoved away and close the door on before they open the (new) available statues to the main public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Exactly, lets just wait and see.
So am I reading all this wrong or not does 6788Stingray work for Sideshow or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Well if that's the case and they do that well I hope they do that not just for America but for other countries as well
mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 02:52 PM   #19
MegatronG1
The X-Men

I think Sideshow is hoping we all forget Prime 1 ever existed, so that we start buying more SS stuff.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 05:30 PM   #20
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
I think Sideshow is hoping we all forget Prime 1 ever existed, so that we start buying more SS stuff.

I'm sticking with Prime regardless of how I have to order them.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote