Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 05-21-2013, 07:48 AM   #1
Frankierock
Omega Red

Next XBOX Reveal

For those that may not know or just forgot Xbox will be revealing the new Xbox today (5/21)..Almost everywhere you look...But you can go to Xbox.com or IGN and watch it live today at 9am PT.

Hopefully they give us more then PS4 did on there day one reveal.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:15 PM   #2
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

streaming live now!
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/gamenews.php?id=104532
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:31 PM   #3
Luminous
Cyclops

Nothing to write home about so far.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:08 PM   #4
Luminous
Cyclops

That was severely disappointing. Microsoft really missed an opportunity for this event.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:10 PM   #5
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Nothing to write home about so far.
Really? I think they have some solid new modifications if a person is into multi-tasking and social media.

I'm a fan of the fantasy stats popping up for football So if I have a terrible game in my network I can be doing something else.

The rumor was they would modify the kinect somehow but I didn't see that revealed.

And I felt they focused too much on CoD -- which unless they give me female characters I'm still boycotting. Sexist bastards.

I've always been an XBox girl so this will be an easy purchase for me. My boyfriend can get his beloved PS4
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:18 PM   #6
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Really? I think they have some solid new modifications if a person is into multi-tasking and social media.

I'm a fan of the fantasy stats popping up for football So if I have a terrible game in my network I can be doing something else.

The rumor was they would modify the kinect somehow but I didn't see that revealed.

And I felt they focused too much on CoD -- which unless they give me female characters I'm still boycotting. Sexist bastards.

I've always been an XBox girl so this will be an easy purchase for me. My boyfriend can get his beloved PS4
Last I checked, these are video game consoles. While the aspects you mentioned are to be expected in this day and age, to me they all take a back seat to video gaming.

In that regard, they completely fell flat for this event. We'll see if they can make up for it during E3.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:21 PM   #7
MrYac
Hercules

exactly lum, sure some of the TV stuff is cool but i'm never gonna use it, the conference did nothing for me, 30 minutes of sports crap, 28 minutes of TV crap and a minute and a half of game talk
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:24 PM   #8
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Last I checked, these are video game consoles. While the aspects you mentioned are to be expected in this day and age, to me they all take a back seat to video gaming.

In that regard, they completely fell flat for this event. We'll see if they can make up for it during E3.
First there were Video game systems, DVD / VHS players, TVs, Cable boxes, internet.
Then there were Video game systems with DVD/BD, internet.
Now there are TVs with Internet, BD players, and integration with Cable.
They are all converging. Soon one device will do it all and so all the cords will start to go away (yay).
Old 05-21-2013, 02:32 PM   #9
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
First there were Video game systems, DVD / VHS players, TVs, Cable boxes, internet.
Then there were Video game systems with DVD/BD, internet.
Now there are TVs with Internet, BD players, and integration with Cable.
They are all converging. Soon one device will do it all and so all the cords will start to go away (yay).
Which is what Microsoft's goal has been ever since they decided to join the console space. In that respect, I guess you could say they are accomplishing their goal. One device to theoretically manage all of your entertainment needs (I am still extremely skeptical it will be as easy and smooth as they made it out to be). However, it seems all of that integration into one console will be at the cost of compelling video game development.

If that is the case, I will simply purchase the console that provides me the best gaming and experience, and continue using my devices separately. That way I get the best of both worlds, and all I will miss out on is waving my hands in the air and saying "Xbox, change the channel" to control my entertainment center. I think I'll be able to live without that.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:34 PM   #10
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Which is what Microsoft's goal has been ever since they decided to join the console space. In that respect, I guess you could say they are accomplishing their goal. One device to theoretically manage all of your entertainment needs (I am still extremely skeptical it will be as easy and smooth as they made it out to be). However, it seems all of that integration into one console will be at the cost of compelling video game development.

If that is the case, I will simply purchase the console that provides me the best gaming and experience, and continue using my devices separately. That way I get the best of both worlds, and all I will miss out on is waving my hands in the air and saying "Xbox, change the channel" to control my entertainment center. I think I'll be able to live without that.
ultimately they will figure it out, even if it's plugable components. There are just too many people who are fed up with so many boxes and cables. Ultimately software and hardware will come together.