Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 11-03-2006, 08:58 AM   #11
Primal
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector View Post
I think Daredevil is slowly climbing up my favorite hero list (thinks to bru, who also helped cap rise a few notches.).
So you didn't read Bendis' run?
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 09:19 AM   #12
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal View Post
So you didn't read Bendis' run?
Nope. I did read the last issue.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 09:19 AM   #13
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Cap is my pick to click.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 10:42 AM   #14
Aarrgghh!!
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Cap easily, experiance counts.
Aarrgghh!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 11:06 AM   #15
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

While I would give the edge to Cap, mainly because he's just stronger and faster, I do have to question this whole notion of his vast experience.

Before Operation Rebirth in 1940, Steve Rogers had no previous military service or fighting skills, be it armed or unarmed. So, following the super soldier serum process he must have undergone a period of intensive training before being deployed. He remained active until 1945, when he was thrown into suspended animation, where he remained until found by the Avengers.

Now, calculating the passage of time accurately from comics is next to impossible, but the formation of the Avengers can't be more than 10 years ago (in Earth 616 years). So Cap's been fighting the good fight for a maximum 15 years. Is this really so much more than Daredevil? It certainly is far less than Wolverine, Nick Fury or the Black Widow.

Now if we were talking about experience being trapped in ice... Cap's king.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 12:04 PM   #16
SuperEgo
Frackin!

Cap would win, hands down. There was a storyline in Captain America in issues 372-378 where Cap has accidentally inhaled the drug Ice and went on a rampage from its effects. Daredevil tries to stop Cap and totally gets destroyed by Cap. It was really cool.

But even without Ice in his system I still think Cap would win easily. Well, maybe if they were fighting in total darkness I can see Daredevil possibly winning.

Last edited by SuperEgo; 11-03-2006 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Calrification
SuperEgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 12:19 PM   #17
Car50n
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

you tell me who's writing, who's drawing, and which character's main book is selling better, and then i'll tell you who'd win.
Car50n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 12:42 PM   #18
Eye of Agamotto
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Cap would win, not easily but he would win. I always tought Daredevil against an experienced Nightwing would be a good fight.

Cap is one of the elite hand to hand fighters of the M.U., couple with the strenght (brawn) and speed he should win over DD.

Something to mention about the classic "Born Again" Miller arch, Daredevil was coming off being completely ass whupped by Kingpin when he met Cap and Nuke. I have to think that Cap had the jump on him considering what he had just went through.
Eye of Agamotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 12:50 PM   #19
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
While I would give the edge to Cap, mainly because he's just stronger and faster, I do have to question this whole notion of his vast experience.

Before Operation Rebirth in 1940, Steve Rogers had no previous military service or fighting skills, be it armed or unarmed. So, following the super soldier serum process he must have undergone a period of intensive training before being deployed. He remained active until 1945, when he was thrown into suspended animation, where he remained until found by the Avengers.

Now, calculating the passage of time accurately from comics is next to impossible, but the formation of the Avengers can't be more than 10 years ago (in Earth 616 years). So Cap's been fighting the good fight for a maximum 15 years. Is this really so much more than Daredevil? It certainly is far less than Wolverine, Nick Fury or the Black Widow.

Now if we were talking about experience being trapped in ice... Cap's king.
I'm glad I'm not the only person who questioned this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car50n View Post
you tell me who's writing, who's drawing, and which character's main book is selling better, and then i'll tell you who'd win.
Aint' that the truth.

I don't know, I still think daredevil can win.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 01:15 PM   #20
Wolverine77
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Captain America would clean DD's clock. I'd kill to see a current tussle with these 2 bad@$$es written by Ed Bru and drawn by LEE WEEKS. Weeks's DD is in my top 3 DD artists right after Wally Wood and Frank Miller. Hell, Weeks is an AMAZING artist in no matter what character/s he draws! His Hulk run (TOO SHORT!) was insane. His DD run with the character going head-to-gun with the Punisher back in the #290s was spectacular. Conclusion: Lee Weeks draws some of the BEST action scenes in the comics field.
Wolverine77 is offline   Reply With Quote