Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 12-08-2008, 01:42 PM   #11
outlikealight
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher129 View Post
Great covers ! Bradstreet really captures the essence of the Punisher.

Congrats !!!

---PUNISHER KILLS THE MARVEL UNIVERSE---
Yes he does a great job. Now I just need to get a Zeck Punisher cover. Want to sell me yours .
outlikealight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 06:14 PM   #12
punisher129
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlikealight View Post
Yes he does a great job. Now I just need to get a Zeck Punisher cover. Want to sell me yours .

I wish i owned a Zeck Punisher cover. I have one really nice sketch with a little bit of color for effect and another b&w Punisher sketch. A cover would be my ultimate grail. Oh I just remembered i have a Zeck cover but its from an indie publication i never heard of. So i'm still on the hunt, but i might have to sell a kidney to afford one

----PUNISHER KILLS THE MARVEL UNIVERSE--
punisher129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:07 PM   #13
outlikealight
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher129 View Post
I wish i owned a Zeck Punisher cover. I have one really nice sketch with a little bit of color for effect and another b&w Punisher sketch. A cover would be my ultimate grail. Oh I just remembered i have a Zeck cover but its from an indie publication i never heard of. So i'm still on the hunt, but i might have to sell a kidney to afford one

----PUNISHER KILLS THE MARVEL UNIVERSE--
I would break my covers only rule and humbly accept the sketch in your avatar . Simply awesome.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:11 PM   #14
protector2814
Phoenix

W/O a Doubt...The Bradstreet Punisher Covers are my absolute Favorite Comic Covers of all time. What fantastic acquisitions and thank you for sharing outlikealight. I'll own one, one day.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 12:10 PM   #15
punisher129
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlikealight View Post
I would break my covers only rule and humbly accept the sketch in your avatar . Simply awesome.

Thanks for the compliment, its my favorite too..

---PUNISHER KILLS THE MARVEL UNIVERSE---
punisher129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 12:17 PM   #16
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I'm going to get one of these soon, there's a nice collection to select from.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 12:17 PM   #17
Primal
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
Tim uses models and photo reference for most all of the characters that he draws. He creates a photo collage in Photoshop of the cover he is illustrating. He prints this out and then uses it as a base to draw from. Tim draws the image onto a piece of vellum in pencil.
Wait so he's tracing from photos? Sorry if I'm not understanding this correctly.
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:22 PM   #18
lebon
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal View Post
Wait so he's tracing from photos? Sorry if I'm not understanding this correctly.
No, you got it.

What I find most interesting about the big 3 photo guys is the way people contrast them. Alex Ross and Bradstreet take photos of people in poses, then trace them. Greg Land just takes them out of magazines, especially Hustler. Guess who's the bad guy? I suppose it's the creativity of constructing the poses for the photo that heightens some people. Me, it's all the same.
lebon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 06:56 PM   #19
outlikealight

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
W/O a Doubt...The Bradstreet Punisher Covers are my absolute Favorite Comic Covers of all time. What fantastic acquisitions and thank you for sharing outlikealight. I'll own one, one day.
Thanks,

I hope you get one. When ever I think of the Punisher I think of Bradstreets covers. I want to get one more but that is lower down on my list right now.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:58 PM   #20
outlikealight

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebon View Post
No, you got it.

What I find most interesting about the big 3 photo guys is the way people contrast them. Alex Ross and Bradstreet take photos of people in poses, then trace them. Greg Land just takes them out of magazines, especially Hustler. Guess who's the bad guy? I suppose it's the creativity of constructing the poses for the photo that heightens some people. Me, it's all the same.

It's all the same to me too. I like and dislike stuff that all three have done. But art is art to me. It doesn't matter how you get there as long as the end result is something I like.