Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-17-2017, 01:24 AM   #5271
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowen or Bust View Post
I wouldn't have a problem paying the extra $50 since it was stated on Facebook that a SS customer service rep said they fixed certain issues with the new batch.

fixing the leaning problem is worth it alone.
I wouldn't bet they addressed the possible leaning issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
Hi Alex,

Has a statue ever been altered between factory batches to address problems the first batch may have had? Specifically, the Superman PF seem to suffer greatly from leaning issues. I know everyone who had the second batch on preorder recently got an email cancelling the order because they were not up to QC standards. I'm curious as to what was wrong with them.

Thank you.
Wonder Woman PF is an example where her hair in some areas was casted in a slightly more pliable material to try and prevent the breaking that had occurred in those areas when the initial batch shipped. So yes, things will be altered if it's possible. The cape on the Superman PF has not been altered. The reason a batch was rejected recently was due to an issue that occurred during the shipping of the piece from the factory to the U.S. and not to do with any leaning issues.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 06:53 PM   #5272
statuemonger
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
So it's okay to call a company dishonest and unethical but not okay to say the opposite because hey they should do it themselves?
Whoever said that, not me. From a consumer point of view it is baffling to me that anyone would defend any company unless it was their own. No more no less. Greedy is much different than unethical in business, unethical would be sweat shops, child labor or some type of theft.
statuemonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 09:01 PM   #5273
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
I wouldn't bet they addressed the possible leaning issue.
I would bet that the factory screwed up on one of the batches and used softer polystone on the statues which is causing the statue to lean over time. Given how many they have sold and given were not seeing any new cases of it, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say it was probably only 1 or 2 bad batches that made it out of the factory that were bad... Unfortunately I don't think SS will do anything for those who did get a bad one as it seems it can take several months before the owner notices it and SS only offers 30 day warranty..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 09:45 PM   #5274
Bowen or Bust
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

From the Freaks board, a member who owns an earlier version and a new one posted this :

Quote:
I've seen some of the newer batch in person as of today. Here's the skinny;

The flesh paint apps are far and away a vast improvement. Apparently the resin upgrade is the "smooth on" type resin used by makers of resin kits like King Kong's Model mansion. It takes paint easier and it keeps a great color. Superman's flesh looks like something Hot Toys would paint as opposed to what it looked like before, with varying degrees of hues and imperfections that we all have... instead of a flat, even statue/mannequin appearance. The veins in Superman's hands have a look that appears to be actual veins. Faint but realistically noticeable underscored blue. It looks like silicone to be honest and its very impressive. The eyes are remarkably high gloss and actually look wet.

The base has more white at the top and more blue at the bottom as opposed to earlier releases. It is coated with a gloss clear coat that is quite nice and thick. Protecting the paint better than the previous flat and somewhat chalky finish first run. Of the two I saw, one had a cape that was painted extremely dark red, and the other had a cape that looked exactly like the EX version first run, with dark red and bright red hi-lights. Boots are noticeably darker, but have brighter red high lights.

As for re-postioning...I don't think it has to do with foot placement. But the body does appear to be "torso forward" a smidge more than my ex. So they must have been paying attention to those who reported limbo versions of Supes on their shelves.

Even if you don't like the choice of red hue, SSC definitely listened to the griping of the folks who had issues with theirs first time out. I see this as an improvement. Easily worth an extra 50 clams. If you don't have one, even though it wouldn't be an exclusive, its an exceptional piece, and the upgrades help ease the pain of not having the heat vision head methinks. There you have an eye witness account of the first run EX vs. The newer version. If they use the same type of resin/paint app on the new Wonder Woman batch coming in July....there's gonna be a lot of folks who waited awhile and missed out on the EX who are going to be extremely happy. Later.
Bowen or Bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 09:53 PM   #5275
Y3E
Gen 13

Makes me want to buy another one...almost.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 07:44 PM   #5276
jfyahui
Death is hereditary.

Glad I waited so long...these large runs ,is probably better to get the later versions...same with bats...
jfyahui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 07:54 PM   #5277
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Hey SS, if you found that your statue was in need of improvement, allow first run buyers to return and upgrade at a reasonable cost. Don't reward late adopters!
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 08:48 PM   #5278
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

It's great things get better but it sucks that I can't just buy them again, I can't play musical statues with all three of the trinity. I wish they just made new statues with the improved methods.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 03:28 AM   #5279
Webb
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowen or Bust View Post
I wouldn't have a problem paying the extra $50 since it was stated on Facebook that a SS customer service rep said they fixed certain issues with the new batch.

fixing the leaning problem is worth it alone.
No leaning here,bought since day 1.
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 12:00 PM   #5280
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb View Post
No leaning here,bought since day 1.
Same here and I'm very happy with the look of my EX PF. Reds are nice and bright and I never had an issue with the paint apps on either portrait.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote