Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-18-2017, 07:14 PM   #5171
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
That looks like a casting issue. I'd contact CS and see if they can help you out with a replacement.
Yep, that was my assessment too ...and I've already contacted SSC CS. They say there's no replacement that looks any better.

So if I can't fix this, then it goes back for a full refund. Mind you this is the only defect ...and everything else is perfect.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 07:15 PM   #5172
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
...'And now SSC is telling me they don't have a replacement that would look any better'.
Yup ...that's what I was told.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 07:54 PM   #5173
gomur
The Tick

Sorry. As much as these pieces cost, casting issues like that should be addressed. None of this "we don't have a better replacement" baloney.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 10:28 PM   #5174
Agoniste
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Which black dots are you referring to? The ones above the knee?

If so, do you see other defects ...or just those?
Yeah sorry at first I thought you we're talking about that..now I definitively the paint issue around her
Leg band... You'll have to smooth it bc that's within the mould i think..I would try to get and exchange or return and rebuy another honestly. Or even break it elsewhere so they will have to exchange it I guess
Agoniste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 03:36 AM   #5175
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

If mine came in like that, I'd return to sender. No statue is better than a bad statue. Paint apps problems are just about tolerable, but casting issues?!? Sorry, no way!

If they can't make the problem better, spend your money with a more competent supplier!
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 05:31 PM   #5176
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
Lol. Come on man. You know you want this. Quit making excuses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
WOman, lol

TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 05:38 PM   #5177
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
Got my Sonja today!! She was flawless and as beautiful as I expected based on the response from all of you guys.
Congrats my man! Now post some pics!!
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 06:04 PM   #5178
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Yea ...here's some pics of it. Everything else is perfect except for this.

I was thinking I could just sand it smooth along the leg band ...and then paint it. So if I can figure out which paint brand ...and paint code ...then maybe its doable.
Sorry to see your issue with her leg.

Comparing it to others here, I'd recommend returning it to Sideshow rather than fuss with sanding and repainting. That's too much work!

Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:13 PM   #5179
RestlessEye
Doh!

Long time lurker, first time poster...

When I first saw this statue at NYCC I had no intention of ordering it - even though I was blown away by it. I really don't know much at all about Red Sonja. But after seeing all the amazing in hand pictures (and videos) that have been posted so far, I knew I couldn't pass her up. Well I'm happy to say my waitlist for the EX converted and she's due to arrive on Monday I only have one other premium format in my collection (tomb raider legend), but hopefully I'll be adding more in the near future
RestlessEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 11:33 PM   #5180
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RestlessEye View Post
Long time lurker, first time poster...

When I first saw this statue at NYCC I had no intention of ordering it - even though I was blown away by it. I really don't know much at all about Red Sonja. But after seeing all the amazing in hand pictures (and videos) that have been posted so far, I knew I couldn't pass her up. Well I'm happy to say my waitlist for the EX converted and she's due to arrive on Monday I only have one other premium format in my collection (tomb raider legend), but hopefully I'll be adding more in the near future
Congrats! You will definitely not regret it. IMO, its the single nicest female sculpt/statue I have seen to date, by any company regardless of price range. Its absolutely breathtaking in every sense of the word.

One of my best freinds stopped buying from Sideshow almost 3 years ago now. He basically has been pretty much 100% XM and Prime 1 from that point forward, with an occassional Koto Bishoujo thrown in here and there. As soon as he saw my Red Sonja set up at my house, he immeditaly logged onto Sideshow, using my laptop right then and there, and ordered one for himself. Thats how beuatiful and opinion swaying this statue is in person. Literally 5 minutes after seeing my Red Sonja for the first time, he had already ordered one himself which was again, the first order he had placed from Sideshow in almost 3 years. Thats pretty telling right there.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote