Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 02-18-2017, 08:20 PM   #6931
Luminous
Cyclops

Oh ok. Thanks, Fro.

Really like the black and white one for some reason.

EDIT: Damn. Now I'm thinking I made a mistake in getting the reg over the variant Matrix....

Last edited by Luminous; 02-18-2017 at 08:42 PM.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 08:51 PM   #6932
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I really think the regular Matrix needs some green in it. Would look awesome if the top portion around Agent Smith was green and the code trickling down was green and eventually faded out. The variant is just too green. Especially that bottom half. As I said a mix of the two and I think you'd have the definitive Matrix poster. As is I don't think I can pull the trigger on either unfortunately.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 08:53 PM   #6933
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

picked up the variant predator.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 08:59 PM   #6934
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I really think the regular Matrix needs some green in it. Would look awesome if the top portion around Agent Smith was green and the code trickling down was green and eventually faded out. The variant is just too green. Especially that bottom half. As I said a mix of the two and I think you'd have the definitive Matrix poster. As is I don't think I can pull the trigger on either unfortunately.
I don't own a single Matrix print so I had to get one. Aside from the color issue I think it's nearly perfect.

Just keep going back and forth between the two is the problem.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 12:07 AM   #6935
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Definitely tons of great prints at this show. As usual if this was Mondo they would be gone by now...Some of my favorites:

1. Fright Night - I like the image even though I still haven't seen the original or remake yet...

2. Blade Runner - I saw Gabz' brother did a great Blade Runner commission that's like this one telling the story of the movie. But I like the double feature on this New Flesh print.

3. Hellraiser - Probably the best I've seen but I wish some of the other characters were in it.

4. Goonies - I still prefer the original Struzan poster. Also the environment ones from Kevin Wilson. But this Goonies print is better than the Mondo releases.

5. Matrix - Easily the best Matrix screen print I've seen. But as mentioned by others, I do wish some of the green from the variant was on the regular.

6. Predator - Probably tied with the one by Gabz. There was another recent one that was pretty good too.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 06:13 AM   #6936
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Ordered the Predator and Matrix prints but could not see Akira.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 08:34 AM   #6937
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Yeah...it sold out. It was available online .
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 05:32 PM   #6938
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
They weren't putting stuff up all at once. I noticed that the Akira prints were gone but original Blade Runner artwork and some other stuff was up.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 08:10 PM   #6939
cstojano
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyrob View Post
I took a framed piece in to get swapped out for another. Out was Englert White residence, in was Englert C/H. Originally framed at the same Michaels, same time as all my others (11 and a few others). If you're not familiar, Michaels swaps out mat colors every few years so matching an old one with a new is almost impossible. Prints were floated so I needed to keep the background mat regardless. Dude calls me as he's working on it, there may be a small tear. I said ok fine, even though old framer and I had discussed using all archival stuff and that I at some point would be removing the art since I was a collector. I was ok with minimal damage, don't mess up the mat. Two days later I get a call. Good news and bad news. Bad news print was damaged. I said fine. New work looks great. So I go in to pick it up, frame job looks great. I said where's the others torn print? He threw it away. Jaw dropped. It was "unsalvageable" they said. I flipped out, pretty much in awe.

Went home and thought about it. Odds are, every piece in my home on the walls is messed up. Out of all of them to think only one framed piece was messed up is silly. So, I left my number with the ridiculous chick working and asked for a call from the department manager. 4 days passed and I went in. She was there. I have a number of issues. First is that you all threw away my property, whatever damage it was in. Not your right to toss that. She said well, it was damaged. I said, right, that your company did in the first place. Not my team she said. Well, your store. Third, what about the $10k in art I've brought to you all to possibly damage. I'm not even going to go there. Easily spent $5k on framing. She knew it. She had seen my file and even referenced seeing all the work receipts and then was surprised that I didn't have the original frame receipt from 4 years ago. I said, it's right there, you already saw it, you even said so! Well, it'll be hard to find. My goodness.

So I left with the understanding that a discussion with the store manager would happen and then a claim would be filed. I took in the EB database page and showed that I was looking for ONLY the 6 month average in retribution. Lucky then.

So, yeah, beware.

EDIT: dude apparently ran multiple strips of tape across the back.

Please tell me this isn't the Tempe Marketplace one? I have had many thousands of original art framed there and now I am freaking out a bit. Is it easy enough to remove pieces from a frame to see what they have done? I assume you can tear the paper off the back and see the back of the piece, then pry apart the mats to see how it was attached. Every time I go they say, of course, all archival, etc. etc.... Tape, why they do they use tape at all? Why not use the plastic corner and side pieces that the artwork slips in and is hidden by the mat?
cstojano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 02:25 AM   #6940
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstojano View Post
Please tell me this isn't the Tempe Marketplace one? I have had many thousands of original art framed there and now I am freaking out a bit. Is it easy enough to remove pieces from a frame to see what they have done? I assume you can tear the paper off the back and see the back of the piece, then pry apart the mats to see how it was attached. Every time I go they say, of course, all archival, etc. etc.... Tape, why they do they use tape at all? Why not use the plastic corner and side pieces that the artwork slips in and is hidden by the mat?
Dude. I'd think they're all gonna be the same. Not good. I'm not going to open anything else, like I said, I don't even want to know. I'm also at the thousands mark.

Edit: mine was Chandler 202/Gilbert
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote