Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-24-2017, 01:13 PM   #401
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

EX WL converts in no time flat. I like this a lot but the wings scare the heck out of me. Looks great with the new Lady Death though.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 02:02 AM   #402
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

This is another statue I pushed the payment back a month so my final payment is on Feb 20th. Based on the pictures I have seen, I am definitely glad I decided to overlook the 1:5 size and order her anyways. She looks absolutely stunning and again if by chance she does look weird paired next to Lady Death, I'll just display her on her own. Just way too beautiful of a statue to pass this up and the chances of seeing another one anytime soon is slim to none. Purgatori is not one of the more popular female comic characters out there. Sometimes you just have to say what the h*ll when it comes to scale. Had I stuck to the 1:4 only rule I was initially planning on sticking too, I would have missed out on He-Man, Skeletor, Evil Lyn, and Purgatori. Just not worth missing out on those pieces just to keep your collection 1:4 or larger.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 01:36 PM   #403
zalahmar
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Here are the 360 Interactive Statue Spins of the Purgatori statue. I had to wait for a replacement since my magnet on the wing was so weak that the wing fell off and broke, but Sideshow replaced the statue for me and I am extremely happy with how this statue turned out.

Hope you like it

http://morethanjustreviews.com/2017/...i-statue-spin/

Regards
zalahmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 02:22 PM   #404
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

I absolutely love the translucency of her wings and the vein like structures you can see with that translucency. It really adds a level of realism to her wings that has never really been present in the 2D renderings of the character before. Its a really nice touch on a statue that is already absolutely beautiful!!
Old 02-11-2017, 07:57 AM   #405
Dozza
Birdman

Magnet on the wings on mine are crap. Fell off and break a talon on the wings.

The little magnet has come out of the wings as well. Is it supposed to just sit in there? The wings don't seem to stay in at all now.

What else did people with bad magnets do? I got mine from a re seller so I don't know how I would get a replacement.
Dozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 06:24 PM   #406
zalahmar
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dozza View Post
Magnet on the wings on mine are crap. Fell off and break a talon on the wings.

The little magnet has come out of the wings as well. Is it supposed to just sit in there? The wings don't seem to stay in at all now.

What else did people with bad magnets do? I got mine from a re seller so I don't know how I would get a replacement.
That's a tough one since you got it from a reseller. I had the exact same issue. Sent it to Sideshow and got a replacement. Here is a video of the problem on my old one before I replaced it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrje...ds4ezv2d35hx40
zalahmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 08:17 PM   #407
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

In regards to magents, just buy a really high quality Neodymium magnet, one that is a decent size, and you can acually recharge weaker magnet's by rubbing the weaker magnet across the surface of the stronger magnet. The magnets opposite poles must face each other for this process to work. In other words the magnets have to be used in a way where they attract one another, not repel one another. Rub the weak magnet on top of the strong magnet in a single direction (not back and forth) and do this for several minutes. Then test to see how much stronger the attraction is on the weaker magnet. If its still not strong enough, do the process again. And if your worried the magnet might weaken over time and a piece of your statue will fall off, simply restrengthen the magnet every so often using this process.

I have always been facinated with magnets and the cool things you can do with iron powder/filing/shavings and really strong magnets. I have a bunch of Neodymium magnets in a bunch of different sizes and a bunch of 1 pound containers of iron dust and shavings. 2 of the blocks I own are 4"x2"x2" and those are so powerful they pose a very serious threat to your fingers. I wear my welding gloves when handling them as they can literally crush your fingers. The stronger the magnet, the better it will be at recharging other magnet's. You certainly don't need one as large as 4"x2"x2", but I would buy one that is at least the size of a quarter or half doller. Those should give a nice charge to your magnets.
Old 02-14-2017, 10:00 PM   #408
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalahmar View Post
That's a tough one since you got it from a reseller. I had the exact same issue. Sent it to Sideshow and got a replacement. Here is a video of the problem on my old one before I replaced it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrje...ds4ezv2d35hx40
if you got it from a reseller on ebay it's easy. Return it for a full refund. end of story.

if you got it from a reseller online like BBTS returns are pretty hassle free too. maybe you can even just exchange the part so you won't have to send the whole statue back. return shipping is also covered by BBTS for free.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:52 PM   #409
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Just recieved my statue today and once again, I am HIGHLY impressed by yet another Sideshow statue. Its absolutely beautiful and I for one don't think it looks weird at all next to Lady Death, given the 1:4, 1:5 diference. The height of Pugatori's wings really help to balance out the difference. I think they look fantastic together. And the one detail I mentioned that I really love about this piece, that being the translucency of her wings so you can see the various veins in her wings, looks even better in person than it does in the pictures. Its an absolutely beautiful sculpt, but the design of the wings is what really throws this piece over the top for me. All in all, just another brilliant job by Sideshow. Short of Supergirl, they can really just do no wrong when it comes to female statues.

As for the wings, I didn't have a problem with my magnets, but I will probably go ahead and stregthen the magnets every year or so just as a precaution.

And I see the EX is now waitlisted, so this is yet another statue that only reaffirms my position on day one pre ordering. At least for me, it makes no sense to wait if its a statue I know I am going to buy. Better to get my order in on day one, thus locking in an EX and being able to take advantage of the full Flex Pay payment system.

All in all, I couldn't be happier with this piece, or my decison to ultimately buy it (which did not come easy).
Old 06-25-2017, 09:20 AM   #410
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Here is a short review of the Sideshow Purgatori statue from Sydney Supanova. I was surprised by how nice it looked in person, and I only wished it was 1/4 scale. Overall a very nice piece regardless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPtKLW0sy5g
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote