Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-11-2017, 01:54 PM   #161
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat Cauthon View Post
You can often find the Tweeterhead pieces for cheaper on eBay than you can in the stores. But yes, once they've been sold out in stores for a year or so, they can escalate in price pretty quickly. Especially the Signature Series '66 Batman line.

I've done a couple review videos of Tweeterhead pieces. I'll be doing many more as the pieces come out. I'm giving away the Classics Two-Face and Penguin pieces to random subscribers on my channel. I might also give away my extra Tweeterhead Catwoman Michelle Pfeiffer at some point. Of course, I only have 12 subscribers at the moment, so your chances are decent. Haha.

Classics Two-Face:
https://youtu.be/ylBnjUVypsw

Signature Series '66 Riddler:
https://youtu.be/Dm_PUfvnTkI
I would gladly take Catwoman off your hands
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 01:58 PM   #162
Mat Cauthon
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I would gladly take Catwoman off your hands
Haha, I bet. She's available for $230.00 on the BigBad site. I don't know what their shipping is like but I'm sure it is reasonable.

Edit: I just looked and they're in Wisconsin. Surely shipping costs would be very reasonable for you.
Mat Cauthon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 10:07 PM   #163
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Ebay completed listings from multiple sellers with good feedback says other wise.
I guess they are, they went up quick, just a month or two ago they were ~$400. I think I sold my EE one for less than that even.
67L88Stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 11:22 PM   #164
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
I guess they are, they went up quick, just a month or two ago they were ~$400. I think I sold my EE one for less than that even.
There were a couple that still wwnt for around 4bills but the rest seem to have shot up. Pretty nuts.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 12:37 AM   #165
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Did the outfit color change from the original preorder pic? It's not as dark as before and quite frankly doesn't even look the same as what I thought it would be? I just put my order to flex and I'm already having second thoughts about it after seeing the new pics on the sideshow webpage.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 12:42 AM   #166
VS1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
The original fabric used on the piece was having unfortunate cracking and flaking issues as it went through the production process. As such a different fabric had to be used. In the end the new fabric better represents how the costume appeared on screen as her costume did have a greater sparkle to it that the original fabric did not have.

Additionally, the portrait was changed to use intrinsic resin as well in the final production run.

As for a previous person's question regarding the line. For now it will just consist of Catwoman and Batman. I'm personally really hoping for a Batgirl someday though.
So you guys did change it... I'm not happy about the misrepresentation of this statue. I thought the color "shine" would be like the original Blackcat PF and now it's not?

I need someone to post pics of the statue. From what I am seeing, it's grey color more then black and I'm not liking it one bit.
Old 02-24-2017, 01:12 AM   #167
hulkvsmark7
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
So you guys did change it... I'm not happy about the misrepresentation of this statue. I thought the color "shine" would be like the original Blackcat PF and now it's not?

I need someone to post pics of the statue. From what I am seeing, it's grey color more then black and I'm not liking it one bit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfFX...ature=youtu.be
hulkvsmark7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 01:21 AM   #168
VS1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkvsmark7 View Post
7.5/10? I don't know? Purple highlight on gloves and the suit has none of that. Other then shaky camera work it doesn't look like what it was advertise to be from the beginning. For the amount of money these statues are, I expect it close to being perfect. I think I'm going to cancel this and ssc to return my NRd.
Old 02-24-2017, 02:05 AM   #169
ReplicantSavior

I guess she looks ok. Loose material issue though. But quarter scale fans will be happy. The Tweeterhead one still wins though.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 07:51 AM   #170
jeff0850
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
7.5/10? I don't know? Purple highlight on gloves and the suit has none of that. Other then shaky camera work it doesn't look like what it was advertise to be from the beginning. For the amount of money these statues are, I expect it close to being perfect. I think I'm going to cancel this and ssc to return my NRd.
Her gloves and boots on the show are made of completely different material than her suit and reflect light in a completely different way. While her suit sparkles, the gloves and boots reflect light in a more shining way. Therefore, the look or shading should be different if it is to be accurate to the show.
jeff0850 is offline   Reply With Quote