Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-17-2017, 04:47 PM   #351
Morgul Steve
Captain Marvel

I don't know why everyone is shocked at BB8s price, R2 was $380 for the PF and was make of plastic.
Morgul Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 05:06 PM   #352
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I ordered both.... I've sold off a lot of Marvel and DC statues to start my Star Wars collection... Normally I hate Mix Media but it seems her outfit is a combination of mix media and sculpted pieces... If I knew 100% another company was going to do a 100% sculpted version I would probably wait but I doubt anyone will, not anytime soon anyways...
If you want full sculpted Star Wars than Xm will be direction to look towards.... Although, with Xm SW you may have to wait many years, especially for newer SW pieces!

Back to topic, I'm not shocked or surprised by pricing at all on these! Sideshow doesn't surprise me anymore
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 06:07 PM   #353
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgul Steve View Post
I don't know why everyone is shocked at BB8s price, R2 was $380 for the PF and was make of plastic.
Yes that r2 was a thin plastic layer like a McDonald's toy. I felt it in the comic shop but didn't know the price. I thought it was like 49.99 at the time. 380.00??!? Wow...
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 06:09 PM   #354
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
If you want full sculpted Star Wars than Xm will be direction to look towards.... Although, with Xm SW you may have to wait many years, especially for newer SW pieces!

Back to topic, I'm not shocked or surprised by pricing at all on these! Sideshow doesn't surprise me anymore
Xm does superb work. I would love most of these. But honestly I'm still not a huge fan of the female portraits which scares me on female sculpts. The male character are super cool overall. The boba is the best boba imo no question!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 06:15 PM   #355
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgul Steve View Post
Not as shocked at the price as much as I am at those willing to pay it.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 02:19 PM   #356
rico1701
It's not the years, it's the mileage

Not thrilled with Rey's face/likeness. I need to love it to buy at this price point - and I don't.
rico1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 02:23 PM   #357
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Neither of those surprise me these days.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 05:15 PM   #358
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Not as shocked at the price as much as I am at those willing to pay more than that in shipping. Shipping!
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 09:38 AM   #359
MgMorden
Frackin!

Gotta say I agree with the folks complaining about the BB8 pricetag. He's a smaller figure and not a particularly complicated sculpt. I ended up ordering Rey but skipping on BB8.

Sideshow's prices have gone up DRAMATICALLY in the last few years. Heck within the last 10 years we've basically had about 12% inflation but everything at Sideshow has nearly doubled.

I'm willing to buy the occasional piece at the current prices (maybe one per year), but certainly not every one that looks interesting - and at the rate they're going, premium formats could be $700 in the next few years, at which time I'm simply not going to be buying them.
MgMorden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 02:14 PM   #360
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MgMorden View Post
Gotta say I agree with the folks complaining about the BB8 pricetag. He's a smaller figure and not a particularly complicated sculpt. I ended up ordering Rey but skipping on BB8.

Sideshow's prices have gone up DRAMATICALLY in the last few years. Heck within the last 10 years we've basically had about 12% inflation but everything at Sideshow has nearly doubled.

I'm willing to buy the occasional piece at the current prices (maybe one per year), but certainly not every one that looks interesting - and at the rate they're going, premium formats could be $700 in the next few years, at which time I'm simply not going to be buying them.
Here's the solution mon ami. $30 CAD at Toys R Us.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	305.3 KB
ID:	102102  
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote