Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-28-2016, 06:45 PM   #11
Inkedsushi
A day without sunshine is like... night.

No it doesn't not. You might be confused with the above picture. That one is the original. The new one is two pieces. Head/helmet and then shoulders/stand.
Inkedsushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 06:50 AM   #12
jkno4u
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Thanks for the comments Inkedsuhi! I hate that POS plastic chain it comes with. It's so stiff and just plain ugly. I bought a very nice metal one from a costume maker on ebay. This is mine with the new chain. If anyone is interested, send me a PM and I'll give you the link.

GT

The original plastic chain is screen accurate.
jkno4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 09:01 AM   #13
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkno4u View Post
The original plastic chain is screen accurate.
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. That plastic chain may have been designed to be screen accurate, but it looks pretty weak.

I love the look of this metallic one. I actually prefer it to the "film accurate" look.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 10:49 AM   #14
jkno4u

Quote:
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. That plastic chain may have been designed to be screen accurate, but it looks pretty weak.

I love the look of this metallic one. I actually prefer it to the "film accurate" look.
No sarcasm. The flimsy black chain on the ROTJ Vader bust from Sideshow is accurate as it is. IIRC it used to be garden chain used for Vader.
Personally I prefer accuracy over bling
Old 08-29-2016, 11:41 AM   #15
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
No sarcasm. The flimsy black chain on the ROTJ Vader bust from Sideshow is accurate as it is. IIRC it used to be garden chain used for Vader.
Personally I prefer accuracy over bling
Lol. I like bling!

If it actually looked accurate I would agree with you. The problem with it being plastic is that it doesn't have the same drape as a metallic chain. I'm just pissed that Sideshow would cheap out on such a relatively inexpensive part.
Old 08-29-2016, 12:17 PM   #16
jkno4u

Wink

Quote:
Lol. I like bling!

If it actually looked accurate I would agree with you. The problem with it being plastic is that it doesn't have the same drape as a metallic chain. I'm just pissed that Sideshow would cheap out on such a relatively inexpensive part.
The screen used chain was just as cheap looking and made out of plastic like the one on the bust. So like I said, the plastic chain Sideshow used is pretty screen accurate, which is quite rare on their part, when we know Sideshow is not really known for true accuracy, but for artistic interpretation.
Old 08-29-2016, 01:48 PM   #17
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
The screen used chain was just as cheap looking and made out of plastic like the one on the bust. So like I said, the plastic chain Sideshow used is pretty screen accurate, which is quite rare on their part, when we know Sideshow is not really known for true accuracy, but for artistic interpretation.
You're right! I just looked at a screen cap. Why does it look so much better in the movie? My plastic cape chain looks like junk. ;P
Old 08-29-2016, 03:55 PM   #18
chaggs1
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkedsushi View Post
No it doesn't not. You might be confused with the above picture. That one is the original. The new one is two pieces. Head/helmet and then shoulders/stand.
So it's Vader's head in one box attached together no seperation and in the other box is the shoulders attached to the base?
chaggs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 04:37 PM   #19
Inkedsushi
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaggs1 View Post
So it's Vader's head in one box attached together no seperation and in the other box is the shoulders attached to the base?
Its very impressive and secure packaging. No art box, but double brown box and styro. One box is Vaders helmet, secured with two screws(so make sure to read the instructions and don't just try and yank it out). You won't succeed in that. Second box is his shoulders and base(one piece). I know I'm in the minority, but I wish SS would scrap the art box and spend beefing up packaging. I could care less about the boxes, as they go right in the garbage.
Inkedsushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 05:48 AM   #20
jkno4u

Quote:
You're right! I just looked at a screen cap. Why does it look so much better in the movie? My plastic cape chain looks like junk. ;P
It's the flat paint on it that makes it dull. You can try Novus polish on it. I thought of that myself, but didn't get the time to do it yet.