Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 12-29-2016, 11:33 PM   #1
vader-nator
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

EFX Who?

After waiting years now for my pre ordered Iron Man Avengers helmet from EFX, I am really happy to say that Hasbro Marvel Legends series are now offering a brilliant Iron Man helmet. It has light up eyes, removable magnetic face plate and is nicely painted.... for a tiny fraction of the price of the EFX.At toy prices.

In the same range of Hasbro Marvel Legends prop replicas is a wonderful Captain America Shield to celebrate the 75th anniversary of Cap. The 75th shield is made of real aluminium and is nicely painted.... also a fraction of the EFX version.

To make matters even more impossible for EFX, the Hasbro Black Series Stormtrooper Voice changer helmets are made of ABS and come in both black with mirrored lenses or white standard edition. These are dirt cheap toys but are still good compared to the plastic PC EFX offerings.

So we have toys from Hasbro offering great alternatives for EFX products at toy prices. I guess scan technology and printing will continue to blur the line between toys and replicas.

To nail the coffin shut we now have ANOVOS who have not only stolen the market for Star Wars high end replica helmets but have really hit a ball out of the park with the Death Trooper Fiberglass prop replica. Not to mention kit form of all things trooper and Vader related. So that EFX Scout trooper helmet I pre ordered years ago that never ever materialises has been cancelled and is being replaced by an Anovos Death Trooper helmet from Rogue One. It's available now. Not 3 or 4 years from now. Plus postage was very reasonable.... unlike my EFX Thor hammer that cost $350 USD to ship to Australia.

To add insult to injury, EFX sent out an email today trying to sell me signature edition Cap cards from Agent Coulson...... for the princely sum of $500 plus postage. FMD.

EFX how about you get the real props you take money for out and about, before offering nonsense trinkets to fill the coffer because you are sinking like a lead balloon.

EFX needs to go tombstone shopping for 2017.

They are beyond a joke and have been replaced at every level of production, from plastic toys to fiberglass replicas.

Have a closer look at Hasbro and Anovos. They have the market more than covered.

I'm never a keyboard warrior. I am just bored with EFX weakness and inability to deliver.
vader-nator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 11:55 PM   #2
vader-nator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mB3wE8vEzA
Old 12-30-2016, 12:01 AM   #3
vader-nator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnrikK3O5Tw
Old 12-30-2016, 12:03 AM   #4
vader-nator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpAIeFkiBlA
Old 12-30-2016, 09:16 AM   #5
fdileague
Fantastic Four

Agree 100%
fdileague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 09:44 AM   #6
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

They should stop attending Cons...period.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 03:00 PM   #7
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

If I had any money in this company whatsoever, I'd cancel and get refunded or do a cc chargeback. My least favorite disaster of a company.
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 07:53 PM   #8
Sandman585
Hydra

Couldn't agree more on all fronts. Absolute joke of a business.
Sandman585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 08:59 PM   #9
Qosby
Doh!

It's no wonder EFX is such a mess. The company is basically comprised of 3 individuals. Bryan, Gino and an oversees manufacturing manager. Not to mention the per diem people at the convention booths. For the SW ship models, there's their unscrupulous contractor that lies to artists to get their designs for free, or for a Nice N resin kit in exchange they may never receive until years after completing their work, if that. Which has happened many times in the past.
Qosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 04:35 AM   #10
jkno4u
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Unhappy

jkno4u is offline   Reply With Quote