Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 06-24-2015, 10:40 PM   #111
CallMe_Snake
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Yep, pretty cool.
I like the skull, think I will eventually do a little repaint/detailing myself. Could be a nice little project.

In the meantime the Endo skull looks right at home next to my Stan Winston autograph.

Love it, thanks Chronicle. Very cool.

CallMe_Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 12:54 AM   #112
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMe_Snake View Post
Yep, pretty cool.
I like the skull, think I will eventually do a little repaint/detailing myself. Could be a nice little project.

In the meantime the Endo skull looks right at home next to my Stan Winston autograph.

Love it, thanks Chronicle. Very cool.

Yours looks like it came out better than mine

I took this nearly in front of my monitor so the quality looks shoddy. The w/flash version came out much better looking in picture form so I couldn't use it lol

I'm not upset in the least about it. Oddly I am now really looking forward to repainting it. I just have to figure out what that red color is. I think I have a gloss red for it that I might like better than the current shade. My chrome silver might have to do unless I find something better. Black and white is cake. This will be fun fixing

Oh, and this:

The flash brought out the colors more. They appear darker to the eye.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 01:05 AM   #113
Big Hulk
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Got mine. The skull appears to have a paint blotch between the eyes on mine. Is that how it supposed to be or is mine a defect?
Big Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 01:17 AM   #114
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Mine isn't any different. Black paint is all over the board on mine. It makes you wonder the process of making them. Did the factory tell them to paint them this way? or was it just workers being workers? It's pretty common practice to see this kind of work for low end product designed for geeks and gamers. To us it's art. To them it was last month on a Monday or something. It's just work to them.

I'll be sure to use the 1:1 bust pictures as a guide...anybody know of a good solution method to strip paint? That's something I've never had a need to do and I'm sort of interested in painting this from scratch. I recall a video of a guy using a solution to strip chrome from a plastic part, but that's as far as my knowledge goes.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 12:07 AM   #115
thx217
Ultimates

The skull alone costs close to $20 in Japan...The key chain added some real value to this package.

http://www.hollywood-japan.jp/shopdetail/000000006235/
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 12:09 AM   #116
Gruson
Suicide Squad

One of the eyes in mine is painted all black, the other all grey.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 12:13 AM   #117
thx217
Ultimates

For the price, that's fine. The one I got looks good. 500,000 were made in very short period of time. It's expected. But a repaint can totally change that.
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 12:19 AM   #118
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Yeah, not complaining, besides, boys have been throwing it around anyway...having wars with it, blowing up endos, etc. Ok, me too. lol
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 03:01 PM   #119
Shanester
A day without sunshine is like... night.

The teeth on mine are in bad shape. The paint on the front four is nearly gone. I plan a repaint.
Shanester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 03:06 PM   #120
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

i passed and don't regret it tbh. i was going to purchase the crate for the sole purpose of supporting Chronlcle but didn't have a use for any of the stuff.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote