Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-17-2018, 01:21 PM   #111
AC_808
Hercules

C'mon guys ... let's critique the statue, not each other's opinions.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 01:26 PM   #112
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
My feelings are fine thanks tho. My statement wasn't a personal attack but more of a generalization that some complaints, considering the bigger issues with the company, are just, well, laughable.

So if the whip is problem, what would be your solution? Not that Sideshow would give a rat's ass.

Personally nothing bothers me about this statue other than Sideshow's mishmash of costume source material. I guarantee there will be no other BTAS homage.
Pretty sure I gave a solution right in the comment you quoted. But, I can see how you might have missed that in your attempt at calling me out.

As I have told a few other people on this forum, if you don't like my comments, please do us both a favor and block me.

Have a nice day.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 01:28 PM   #113
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
I was critiquing the statue, and in a very polite way. I stated I loved the arm with the claws digging into the base, but that I didn't love the arm with the whip dangling behind her. If that's not a civil critique, I don't know what is.
Old 05-17-2018, 01:38 PM   #114
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Anyone else hoping the base is tall? Maybe not too tall, but I feel like it would create a nice illusion of her being perched on a high building. They could probably afford to make it a little taller than a normal base because she's sitting.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 01:45 PM   #115
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 01:51 PM   #116
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
Anyone else hoping the base is tall? Maybe not too tall, but I feel like it would create a nice illusion of her being perched on a high building. They could probably afford to make it a little taller than a normal base because she's sitting.
Yeah, but not too tall. It could overthrow the character in this case. She is petite. It should be taller than a standard base- I agree. I’d even dig some scenary on the sides, that would help fill the piece out if they made it taller/more elongated.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 02:03 PM   #117
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Pretty sure I gave a solution right in the comment you quoted. But, I can see how you might have missed that in your attempt at calling me out.

As I have told a few other people on this forum, if you don't like my comments, please do us both a favor and block me.

Have a nice day.
I didnt miss it. A mere "swap out arm" is not a solution. Articulate. What should this new arm be doing?
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 02:07 PM   #118
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
I didnt miss it. A mere "swap out arm" is not a solution. Articulate. What should this new arm be doing?
Well, for starters, I think it would look better if there was an arm grasping a coiled whip option vs. the random dangling whip, similar to how the Balent "Classic" Catwoman had altered the bendable whip from the original to a sculpted coiled whip. You could easily give both options and make everyone happy. But, maybe I'm asking for too much for a $600 statue.

Something similar to this:

Old 05-17-2018, 02:11 PM   #119
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
Looks like my cat
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 02:16 PM   #120
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

At $600, Sideshow should be listening to the consumers, so no, you aren't asking too much. I disagree with you on the whip option which is fine but I just think when ppl judge something rightfully or extremely, then they should offer an alternative. It gives merit to the critique/complaint in lieu of just complaining to complain. But alas complaining or problem solving is moot because the company could care less.

jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote