Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-05-2019, 02:36 PM   #1001
rjszar
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

I don't get it, the people complaining about him having no neck. He looks just like he has often been drawn in the past. He's slightly hunched over with his arms at shoulder height or above. Anyone's neck would seem to disappear.
rjszar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 02:37 PM   #1002
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Juggs is a character that looks odd without his helmet imo, definitely hope the EX isn't that...
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 02:37 PM   #1003
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher2000 View Post
better picture:

Looks beast, wish the pic was of a different angle though.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 02:51 PM   #1004
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjszar View Post
I don't get it, the people complaining about him having no neck. He looks just like he has often been drawn in the past. He's slightly hunched over with his arms at shoulder height or above. Anyone's neck would seem to disappear.
ive always thought that it looked odd in the comics and even more so in 3d on statues. on rare occasion an artist will draw the helmet slightly larger to allow for something that might resemble a neck so i wouldnt mind some artistic liberties to make him look a little more human. based on this initial pic i would have just preferred a slightly larger helmet all around but like i said, could be just the angle - need to see more pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
I don't mind it though, my favorite version of him is from MVC2 and this Maq looks damn close. I like the fact that SS have just said "F*** it !" and went absurdly massive with his body size, this is probably the only 1:4 Juggernaut they will ever do so they just totally went for it.

cant deny he does look pretty boss there
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 03:00 PM   #1005
XIIIWARRIOR
Sinister Six

Who's the sculpture for Juggernaut?
XIIIWARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 03:07 PM   #1006
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by XIIIWARRIOR View Post
Who's the sculpture for Juggernaut?
Will Harbottle
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 03:34 PM   #1007
Demona
Martian Manhunter

The one thing that has always confused me about Juggernauts design where the helmet is bolted down is how can he turn the helmet? The eye/mouth holes are only in one spot, and the helmet is bolted. So logically the helmet doesn’t turn when he turns his head. So he has turn his whole torso to see bc the helmet wouldn’t move. Which isn’t what he is doing in this sculpt. He has turned his head and the helmet has moved with him....bring me to my second point of confusion....

Are the bolts are just pointless decoration? I have been lead to believe not because in several comics, and the animated series, we have seen Rogue/Colossus/Nightcrawler not be able to just pull the bolted helmet off. So it’s gotta be attached to something, right?!

While the man is unstoppable, his suit confounds me. I don’t understand how it works! It’s just like how does the helmet have a furrowed brow?! Does the cyttorak has this much magic to make these events logical?!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 04:27 PM   #1008
Thundercats-NO
Shadowhawk

So is the diorama the X-Men vs Sentinels with Magneto about to face off with Juggernaut Mystique and Emma Frost?

It seems convoluted.

I intend to display Magneto with Apocalypse

all the X-Men vs Juggernaut and Mystique.

It just seems like the display will be all over the place
Thundercats-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 04:30 PM   #1009
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
The one thing that has always confused me about Juggernauts design where the helmet is bolted down is how can he turn the helmet? The eye/mouth holes are only in one spot, and the helmet is bolted. So logically the helmet doesn’t turn when he turns his head. So he has turn his whole torso to see bc the helmet wouldn’t move. Which isn’t what he is doing in this sculpt. He has turned his head and the helmet has moved with him....bring me to my second point of confusion....

Are the bolts are just pointless decoration? I have been lead to believe not because in several comics, and the animated series, we have seen Rogue/Colossus/Nightcrawler not be able to just pull the bolted helmet off. So it’s gotta be attached to something, right?!

While the man is unstoppable, his suit confounds me. I don’t understand how it works! It’s just like how does the helmet have a furrowed brow?! Does the cyttorak has this much magic to make these events logical?!
comic book magic
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 04:33 PM   #1010
Mister H
Gen 13

He looks really cool imo. My personal favorite version of Juggy is the Ultimate Alliance video game version.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote