Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-01-2018, 03:24 PM   #31
bwestley13
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I'm kind of disappointed in the direction Yamato went with their DC lineup.... it had potential at the beginning but the last 3-4 statues just seem like DC Cover Girl statues. There's really nothing special about them.

When Yamato first announced they got the DC license I was kind of expecting Sexy Variations of the DC characters, basically sexy poses, outfits and curvy sculpts. Their first one Catwoman was a good attempt but missed the marked a bit with a weird costume. I think if they would of just given her a mask for her eyes only and not a ski mask it would of helped big time, plus the tail coming out the back was a bit weird also, it didn't help she wasn't that curvy either. With Yamato's past statues I was expecting a bit more sex appeal with the body sculpt.

Now Harley and Ivy IMO were more on track, sexy outfits and curvy bodies but then they did Wonder Woman which was basically her comic outfit in an awkward pose, the outfit got a bit more sexy with the Exclusive which gave her a crop top but again her body was not that curvy, if you have her leaning over like that they should of shown a lot more cleavage.

Then Batgirl came along with another awkward pose and basically her standard outfit with a grey V neck, she's not sexy at all... Then we have Supergirl, Zatanna and Katanna, standard outfits and IMO not all that curvey.... They're not bad statues but there not very special or unique either..

I've lost all interest in this line... The market is so saturated with these characters you really need to offer something more unique to stand out, I believe they started off on the right track but quickly changed direction and became a lot more conservative with their designs and because of that a lot more boring.
Luis Royo just posted a new pic on FB. This would be a stand out but highly doubt DC would approve

bwestley13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 03:42 PM   #32
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Would that be Batgirl?
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 03:55 PM   #33
bwestley13
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josado View Post
Would that be Batgirl?
Well its is actually titled Night Girl from his 1996 artbook Secrets. There are a few more in a series called Black Flights.

I looked it up after I saw the facebook post
bwestley13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 08:07 PM   #34
built2shred
Phoenix

Yeah that's probably a little to far the other way with sexy

I think Koto does a good job with poses and body sculpts on their bishoujo line. I was kind of hoping Yamato would be similar to the Bishoujo's but just more realistic looking....

Yamato's 1st Harley and Ivy are superb but the rest have been stiff awkward poses and boring outfits with little to no sex appeal. Again I'm just basing the sex thing on what Yamato has done in the past with their line of statues... I don't expect them to offer removable clothing or anything but they defiantly need to spice them up a bit.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 01:46 PM   #35
Zee_Fan
Fantastic Four

I had never seen this before. I'm guessing it was never released?
Zee_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 01:54 PM   #36
built2shred
Phoenix

I believe Yamato is now a dead company... They still have their website up to sell off their remaining inventory but it's been like several months since anybody has heard anything from them...

As for the pictures of Batgirl above, yeah they never made that version of her... Although given this is a "Fantasy Line" she would have probably been a great addition and sold out fast... They did let Yamato do an S&M Catwoman outfit... I think this was the route that Yamato wanted to take with the line but DC probably balked and Yamato had to do traditional outfits for them instead...

Yamato would have been better off to do their own superheroes, just close enough to the original so people would know who they were doing but different enough so DC couldn't sue them... That way they could have gotten away with their risque outfits and wouldn't have had to pay DC royalties...
Old 02-29-2020, 02:51 PM   #37
Zee_Fan
Fantastic Four

The one of Zatanna was never made either, correct? I’ve never seen it anywhere.
Zee_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 04:31 PM   #38
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee_Fan View Post
The one of Zatanna was never made either, correct? I’ve never seen it anywhere.
The last one made was Katana... Unfortunately, Zatanna and Supergirl never got made
Old 03-01-2020, 04:46 AM   #39
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I like the look of Night Girl. Too bad this line seems to have stopped
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 04:53 AM   #40
jlaavenger
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
The last one made was Katana... Unfortunately, Zatanna and Supergirl never got made
Pretty sure Supergirl got made. Its was Zatanna and Black Canary that never got made. Those two looked awesome.
jlaavenger is offline   Reply With Quote