Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-12-2019, 10:37 AM   #1011
slynger
Hellboy

I think I might have made some progress. Couple of kinks to work through, but nothing too big.

Lightweight won’t be an issue. However, he’s located in Europe and does not have the new PF. So unless someone in that area wants to loan theirs out for fitting purposes, we’ll have to wait until I get mine.

The other thing is how many people are genuinely interested in a sculpted cape. At 20 or more people these will be around $125 dollars not including shipping. To save on shipping I was thinking of having the run shipped to me and then I could dispense from within the US.

Let me know.
slynger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 11:21 AM   #1012
Walls
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

If they come out good I'm in.
Walls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 12:39 PM   #1013
built2shred
Phoenix

Hey Slynger,

I'm in for a sculpted cape if you get the deal worked out....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 01:09 PM   #1014
actionjackson83
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by slynger View Post
I've started contacting people. This is actually something I'm going to work on. I don't even have the PF yet, but I believe a sculpted cape would make this a stellar piece.

I'll keep working on it and if something starts forming, I'll update here.
depending on how this turns out i may purchase the PF to get it with the cape lol
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 01:35 PM   #1015
nearmint
Phoenix

If it looks great I’d probably be interested.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 05:06 AM   #1016
slickrick
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
I think I might have made some progress. Couple of kinks to work through, but nothing too big.

Lightweight won’t be an issue. However, he’s located in Europe and does not have the new PF. So unless someone in that area wants to loan theirs out for fitting purposes, we’ll have to wait until I get mine.

The other thing is how many people are genuinely interested in a sculpted cape. At 20 or more people these will be around $125 dollars not including shipping. To save on shipping I was thinking of having the run shipped to me and then I could dispense from within the US.

Let me know.
Count me in! I haven't bought it yet. My SS rewards points become available on Jan 25th, that was day I was going to buy him, maybe I can have Sideshow ship Supes directly to him in the UK? or whoever has him already can do so! Either way, I definitely in!
slickrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 01:32 PM   #1017
nearmint
Phoenix

Those mechanical tendrils coming up behind Supes might make a sculpted cape difficult. They will certainly limit possibilities for the sculptor.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 06:13 PM   #1018
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:

Let me know.
I'm getting back into collecting core characters, so if it turns out nice, I'd be interested. I'd buy the cape before the statue actually.

I have the art print from the OG Supes and need something comparable to go with it. On that note, anyone good with photoshop? I'd love to see what this Supes looks like on the OG FoS base.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 05:22 PM   #1019
FearlessJay
Hellboy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:

Let me know.
If the quality is good, you can count me in too! I love a good sculpted cape... especially since I'm never happy with how I pose my fabric capes.
FearlessJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 05:29 PM   #1020
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Was close to pulling the trigger on this one but didn't. I still might though. lol I'm deciding between Superman, Boba Fett or Groot. I'm having a tough time picking one. I've also considered getting SS Doomsday and forget about the rest.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote