Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 01-12-2019, 12:19 PM   #601
Karnis
Blue Falcon

^^^ Wow, that one looks almost as bad as mine did.

What a shame.
Karnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 12:33 PM   #602
Detective27
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Ever since I saw the neck seam, I have wondered (pun intended) if TH explored the idea of having the entire head, arms and chest being one piece that could connect to the bodice. I like to believe that it was considered and rejected out of some concern related to engineering or potential breakage issues.
Detective27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 01:06 PM   #603
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective27 View Post
Ever since I saw the neck seam, I have wondered (pun intended) if TH explored the idea of having the entire head, arms and chest being one piece that could connect to the bodice. I like to believe that it was considered and rejected out of some concern related to engineering or potential breakage issues.
I imagine one reason they might reject that idea is because they would of needed to sculpt two heads one on each torso, because right now it's just the torso's by themselves.

At least you can view it forward and not see the seem which I think most people would do regardless of a seam or not... but the downside is it does limit your placement of the statue.

One thing I've noticed on Supes and WW is the costumes should bit thicker where it meets the skin, there are some portions of WW shorts that do have a bit of a lip but I noticed a lot of her shorts look like they just blend right in with the skin which ends up with the paint of her shorts not having a smooth transition, It ends up a bit wavy, if the shorts had more of a lip at the transition parts it would allow the painter to keep more within the lines....

I noticed the paint is a bit sloppy on WW belt also but to be fair that is a zoomed in shot...

So bottom line I think the outfits need to be a little more pronounced where it meets the skin so it looks more like clothing and not painted skin.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 02:06 PM   #604
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

For the record, I don't really like it when people post the pic with marked up lines, scale references, etc... and I've never done this before, but I'm going to be "that guy" for a moment.

It should have been pieced out like this:
1. Base
2. Waist down
3. Bodice + EX Bodice
4. Upper body - arms - head (not including hair/tiara)
5. Hair - tiara
6. Fists
7. Weapons

A break down like that would have all the seam lines naturally hidden AND allowed for a swap out bodice WITHOUT having to paint 2 head sculpts. It's possible that engineering wouldn't have allowed this, but I can't see why.

MisterJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 02:15 PM   #605
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
For the record, I don't really like it when people post the pic with marked up lines, scale references, etc... and I've never done this before, but I'm going to be "that guy" for a moment.

1. Base
2. Waist down
3. Bodice + EX Bodice
5. Hair - tiara
6. Fists
7. Weapons

A break down like that would have all the seam lines naturally hidden AND allowed for a swap out bodice WITHOUT having to paint 2 head sculpts. It's possible that engineering wouldn't have allowed this, but I can't see why.

Hindsight is 20/20.
Old 01-12-2019, 02:18 PM   #606
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Hindsight is 20/20.
That's the weird part. That's how I thought it would be in the first place for the past year now. It wasn't until they showed the factory picture right before she shipped out that it was known that the head was separate. It just seemed the obvious way to do it to me. I've just recently got into the statue world and I already know that nobody wants seam lines on a statue.
MisterJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 02:42 PM   #607
Augen
Metal Men

I'm still really excited for her, but I will say seam issues are something to take into account with future pieces.
Augen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 03:13 PM   #608
grphyx1
Kingpin

I can't wait to have her in hand. Everyone is entitled to do as they please but this is not leaving my collection.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 03:44 PM   #609
Kebron
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
I can't wait to have her in hand. Everyone is entitled to do as they please but this is not leaving my collection.
Kebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 05:09 PM   #610
Detective27
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post

1. Base
2. Waist down
3. Bodice + EX Bodice
5. Hair - tiara
6. Fists
7. Weapons

Much better description than mine. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Hindsight is 20/20.
Agree with you 100%
Detective27 is offline   Reply With Quote