Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-01-2019, 06:46 PM   #24531
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post
BumbleBee 7/10

Not a bad film but certainly better than Transformers 2-8(or whatever they ended them on) , the music was overkill though. They had a different song every five seconds and what is worse is the choice of songs weren't even some of the better songs from the 80's. Kudos for finally getting the Transformers to look like Transformers and not twisted piles of moving garbage.
HA! Love it.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 08:39 PM   #24532
Vracula
Jedi Order

[QUOTE=armitage;5692805]BumbleBee 7/10

They had a different song every five seconds and what is worse is the choice of songs weren't even some of the better songs from the 80's./QUOTE]

I love the hell out of GOTG but James Gunn started this trend and it pisses me off like nothing else now. It's like the movies is trying desperately to invoke a nostalgic reaction out of u. It reeks of suits and user satisfaction surveys and marketing research. F#$K OFF hollywood.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 08:57 PM   #24533
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Aquaman - 7.5/10

Really enjoyed this film. ]
glad you enjoyed it bro, despite it not being exactly what I wanted there definitely was a lot to like. aquaman, mera, black manta and ocean master I thought were stand outs. I loved how they handled the underwater scenes, im really hoping for a sequel
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 09:05 PM   #24534
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
The Wailing (2016) - 6/10 --After Train To Busan, which I just adored, I've been keeping my eye on S. Korean' horror & watched this 2+ hour film today. Weird, & wow .... kind of all-over-the-board, but still a fun study in culture-different horror. What starts out as sort of a boob-cop story, stumbling from one horrific murder to another, the story quickly amps up on the serious & becomes a very interesting study in Korean Shamanism & it's approach to battling demons & possession. A Japanese ghost makes a small Korean town & neighboring woods his home for a multitude of reasons & proceeds to destroy a community thru evil, possession, haunting & the raising of the dead. The whole time, a lazy, funny, angry, local policeman tries to get to the bottom of things. Things go south.
I love this film, one of the best horror/thrillers I've seen in a long time. The atmosphere was great and the ending is chilling.

If you like thrillers then check out The Chaser if you don't mind being on the edge of your seat for ninety minutes. It's a great film.
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 09:41 PM   #24535
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

The Color of Money - 8/10
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 11:31 PM   #24536
Mister H
Gen 13

The Mule: 7.5/10.
Just about anything Clint Eastwood does is good. Not his best but still pretty good.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 11:32 PM   #24537
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

The Predator 3/10

Wow! I truly wasn’t prepared for how God awful this film was. It’s one thing to not be a good Predator film, which I more or less expected, but this is just a BAD film in general and probably the worst thing I sat through in 2018. The characters were beyond annoying, completely unbelievable and constantly doing nonsensical things. Acting was horrendous with tons of forced humor and the narrative was so full of holes it almost felt like they were making things up as they filmed. Even the special effects were lackluster. Blows my mind the studio green lit this garbage. Shocking how far it misses the mark.

Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 02:02 AM   #24538
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
The Predator 3/10

Wow! I truly wasn’t prepared for how God awful this film was. It’s one thing to not be a good Predator film, which I more or less expected, but this is just a BAD film in general and probably the worst thing I sat through in 2018. The characters were beyond annoying, completely unbelievable and constantly doing nonsensical things. Acting was horrendous with tons of forced humor and the narrative was so full of holes it almost felt like they were making things up as they filmed. Even the special effects were lackluster. Blows my mind the studio green lit this garbage. Shocking how far it misses the mark.

Did u like how an evolutionary biologist suddenly turned into an alien hunting super soldier?
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 03:43 AM   #24539
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Did u like how an evolutionary biologist suddenly turned into an alien hunting super soldier?
Did you notice at the end the Predator ship must of travelled 20+ miles before it crashed yet she was able to transverse that distance through a forest in like 5 mins. That girl can run...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 11:10 AM   #24540
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Seemed plausible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Did you notice at the end the Predator ship must of travelled 20+ miles before it crashed yet she was able to transverse that distance through a forest in like 5 mins. That girl can run...
I honestly didn’t notice that but I’m not surprised as I was completely uninvested by that point.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote