Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 01-21-2017, 11:23 PM   #1
90sChild
Doh!

Marvel eaglemoss anyone? Just started collecting today..

While shopping for comics I came across these.. apparently fairly rare in the US now? Think I've got myself in a hard place if I want to collect any further.
80% of the ebay listings are all outside US for me. I'm not seeing that much discussion going on for these classic marvel lines but maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places?
Feel free to turn this into a general discussion thread on eaglemoss and related topics as I have a lot of catching up to do.

On the wantlist is Mysterio, Doc Ock, and Vulture to round out the key spidey villains. Then maybe I will try to add more Avengers heroes, and Daredevil's Defenders/Netflix buddies.
Spoiler

edit:
Put them out on display today. I think they look fine like this until I think of a better way to do it.
90sChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 12:34 PM   #2
chaggs1
Luke Cage

Welcome to the club
chaggs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 01:42 PM   #3
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

They are nice statues with pretty good detail for the size. I used to collect the DC versions. I just sold all of them though since I wanted to focus more on larger statues. Anyway, congrats! You have some nice figs. My local comic book store has a lot of these - you may want to try other local comic book stores in your area.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 04:29 PM   #4
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

get out while you are still relatively new. Stop!
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 05:53 PM   #5
adee
Green Arrow

I collected DC JLA and LOD. I've thought about Avengers and X Men but haven't looked at them in awhile. I didn't realize they were tuff to come by.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 06:40 PM   #6
joy_division

I got Hulkbuster from the AOU. It is MASSIVE!!

It has a price tag of £30 but I got it for more than £10 off. No way would I pay £30 for a figurine! Should have had a more gloss paint job IMO rather than Matt
Old 01-22-2017, 07:38 PM   #7
90sChild
Doh!

Put them out on display today, added picture to first post. Had to use manual focus on the DSLR as the lighting was really low, some came out better than others, stitched it into one long image. Details look nice for being around 3'' tall, I like how they vary in height it gives them some personality.

Not sure if they are actually hard to find everywhere, it could just be my area? but I also haven't seen many sales/trading forums around either so I assumed it just wasn't a popular thing in the US. I can definitely see myself buying more. Thanks for the comments
90sChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 09:11 PM   #8
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

I did the Batman chess set. Fun and realtively cheap collectable; IF you limit the lines and versions you collect
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 09:30 PM   #9
joy_division

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sChild View Post
Put them out on display today, added picture to first post. Had to use manual focus on the DSLR as the lighting was really low, some came out better than others, stitched it into one long image. Details look nice for being around 3'' tall, I like how they vary in height it gives them some personality.

Not sure if they are actually hard to find everywhere, it could just be my area? but I also haven't seen many sales/trading forums around either so I assumed it just wasn't a popular thing in the US. I can definitely see myself buying more. Thanks for the comments
because they are from the UK, so imported
Old 01-22-2017, 09:34 PM   #10
joy_division

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
I did the Batman chess set. Fun and realtively cheap collectable; IF you limit the lines and versions you collect
JMO, but the chess sets (both Marvel & DC) are awful compared to the regular figs. Terrible paintjobs, don't look like thy were handpainted at all, plus cheaper materials

I am guilty though of buying Spider-Ham & he is definitely not in scale with the rest!