Statue Forum 





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

» Spotlight
DGK Diamond Select Premier Wolverine Statue DGK Prime 1 Kong Vs Skull Crawler DGK First 4 Figures Ornstein Exclusive Current Interview:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2018, 03:58 PM   #31
1to6Collector
Frackin!
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 20
Does anyone know if this will be 'Comic based' like the 1/10 Marvel Comic line?

I'd only be intetested in it if it is, as we need more X-Men to compliment that line. And Wolverine is sold out...
1to6Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 04:36 PM   #32
majestic1
Cobra Command
 
majestic1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 4,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1to6Collector View Post
Does anyone know if this will be 'Comic based' like the 1/10 Marvel Comic line?

I'd only be intetested in it if it is, as we need more X-Men to compliment that line. And Wolverine is sold out...
Yep it's comic based, you can see the announcement here in this vid, skip to 1:30 mark and you'll see their plans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaajnmvnBlk
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 05:22 PM   #33
1to6Collector
Frackin!
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Yep it's comic based, you can see the announcement here in this vid, skip to 1:30 mark and you'll see their plans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaajnmvnBlk
Thanks Majestic!
Looks very promising fingers crossed they follow through with the Jim Lee art direction!

The reveal can't come soon enough!

Be super if the character dio can be connected (like the spiderman ones) but can also be displayed well as standalone pieces
1to6Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 03:57 PM   #34
AC_808
Hawkeye
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 6,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1to6Collector View Post
Thanks Majestic!
Looks very promising fingers crossed they follow through with the Jim Lee art direction!

The reveal can't come soon enough!

Be super if the character dio can be connected (like the spiderman ones) but can also be displayed well as standalone pieces

Exactly! Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 05:05 PM   #35
Bernie21
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
 
Bernie21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Jacksonville, Fl
Posts: 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1to6Collector View Post
Thanks Majestic!
Looks very promising fingers crossed they follow through with the Jim Lee art direction!

The reveal can't come soon enough!

Be super if the character dio can be connected (like the spiderman ones) but can also be displayed well as standalone pieces
I whole heartedly agree. Comic based, and interconnected and asap...

Seems like I'm not alone on the anticipation.
Bernie21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 06:48 PM   #36
craigcliff1
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?
 
craigcliff1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,928
IS is pretty fast with their work, should have some teases soon.
craigcliff1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:09 AM   #37
Bernie21
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
 
Bernie21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Jacksonville, Fl
Posts: 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Also the X-Men VS Sentinel dio, it's been a year since it was announced and there has been nothing more said about it.
I whole heartedly agree. Although... I still havent received two of my three preorders from them. Still waiting on the Spiderman bridge and Wolv v Jug dios. I know others are waiting for other preorders as well. Maybe it's best that they finish those first, before announcing these, lol.
Bernie21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 01:31 PM   #38
WalkerFodder
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.
 
WalkerFodder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 713
How dare you bump this thread lol.

I was surprised they shipped the GOTG Vol2 dio as seemingly quick as they did. It is fantastic though.

All of these Dios are worth the wait.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 01:35 PM   #39
WalkerFodder
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.
 
WalkerFodder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 713
It would also be cool for some of these Dios to not be designed in a circular fashion and consider somewhat linear showcasing like the Spidey-symbiote setup.

That way it will gloriously sit on a shelf for admiration. More dios need to be made with shelf display in mind. Not everyone has a table in the middle of the room like I do for my GOTG Vol2 dio.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 09:46 PM   #40
Bernie21
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
 
Bernie21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Jacksonville, Fl
Posts: 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerFodder View Post
How dare you bump this thread lol.

I was surprised they shipped the GOTG Vol2 dio as seemingly quick as they did. It is fantastic though.

All of these Dios are worth the wait.
Lol, sorry, you're right...
We need real updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerFodder View Post
It would also be cool for some of these Dios to not be designed in a circular fashion and consider somewhat linear showcasing like the Spidey-symbiote setup.

That did will gloriously sit on a shelf for admiration. More dios need to be made with shelf display in mind. Not everyone has a table in the middle of the room like I do for my GOTG Vol2 dio.
I actually want this to be a connected base and not linear. Since most of my dioramas are 1v1 except for that Spiderman bridge which is linear. Though I have larger statues, a circular smaller scale, but overall larger diorama would be a great centerpiece.

But I'm in favor of more dios as a whole, linear, circular, triangular, cubed, whatever, just bring them.
Bernie21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:38 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com